Norwegian Spoons

laz
Guru
Guru

Norwegian Spoons

Post by laz » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:47 pm

I was wondering if any body can tell me how old these spoons might be maybe Diemai can .any way i have had them since the eighties just in case you can not see it in the pics they have stamed on the back TRONDERSILA (the O has a back slash going thru it )and then a symbol of a man fishing then the words made in Norway
Norwegian Lure 1.jpg
Norwegian Lure 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Norwegian Spoons

Post by diemai » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi , laz ,

Very sorry , but I absolutely have no info about Norwegian spoons ! I only have one or two somewhere , that I have found on fleamarkets , if I'd find them , I'd post pictures as well .

I have asked my Finnish friend about these before , but he also didn't know anything .

It seems , that they are rare over here , since I don't know about any Norwegian manufacturer being involved into the local market nor any widely spread lures from there . Norway is more known for deep sea saltwater fishing rather than freshwater angling(though there is good trout and salmon fishing over there , too) .
Many guys from Germany make trips to Norway for that , but no spoons used , but heavy pirks and bait .

If I have more time , I'd try to find something in the web , did already a bit , but no results so far....sorry !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:12 pm

G'day Diemai . No worrys mate I just hought that you living in Germany and Norway being just next door you would have seen or heard of them. I will check it out on Goggle .catch ya
laz

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi , laz

Sorry , couldn't find anything any more on the web , they seem to be rare(especially if one don't speak Norwegian) .

Anyway , I have found one of mine(I definately have another one somewhere) , got it from a fleamarket . Obviously it was retrieved from a snag , since it was in a bad condition , like my second one as well . Since I intend to fish these lures I have re-polished and re-rigged them , also added a decal eye .

This one here is stamped "RAENSK JEIA" , 26 GR. , PARAVAN , MADE IN NORWAY . The first term is the model name , I assume ,... and "Paravan" maybe the manufacturer .
The other spoon , that I couldn't find(looks different , more oval shape), has a name and weight stamped on it too , and I know for sure , that also "PARAVAN" appears on that one , too .

But on the other hand , a "paravan" is a fishing-related term over here for a trolling device , it is a weight with diving fins and multiple attachment holes , that pulls a trolled bait down to a pre-set depth behind the boat .

There also is that term "paravan" around for a sort of moveable room devider , so all this didn't make it easy to google for this one !

greetz , diemai howdy
NORSP_01.JPG
PIC_0009.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:10 am

Dieter, I'm having a stab in the dark {Ozzie for guessing} but could your spoon possibly be a Renoski?

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:23 am

@ Fizza

Came across that manufacturer's name "Renosky" somwhere before , don't remember , where.......but I guess , that it was American ????

Really funny , but real hard to find any Norwegian stuff , since many German and other European fishermen travel up north every year for their native big saltwater fish ,....they've got a whole little tourist industry living on it......a source of income for the nation not to overlook.......but freshwater lures.............?????? droolsmilie droolsmilie

greetz , Dieter howdy

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:44 am

G'day Diemai . I found that Elbe spoon inside of a tackle box after our local Fairbairn Dam water levels dropped to 16% a few years back the rest of the contents of the box were censored i don't intend to repolish the spoon as i like the patinas it has acquired after years of being under the water just like clasic bronzes. And the best part about finding snagged lures is there free more money to spend on fishing gear lol .Catch ya laz

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:56 pm

@ laz

I find different lures every season , since my local waters are heavily pressured.......find them hanging in trees on the bank(lost by bank anglers , with my little boat I can reach them) , floating crankbaits sometimes lay between the rocks of the embankments , on rare occsions I'd even hook them with my own lure or even with my boats anchor ! yay yay yay

A good source for plastic lures is that spot shown downstream a dam at the river "Elbe" , that place is still affected by up to 2,5 metres average tide lift coming down from the North Sea , so if you get there Monday mornings at low tide , you could always pick a couple of plastics out of the bases of those rock piles .

Not that I purposely go there for lures , but ocassionally we'd show up there to gather some crabs , that had just thrown off their old shells , so they are vulnerable and hide out under the rocks , these are dead sure eel bait !

greetz , diemai howdy
stint00.jpg
PS : sorry for little off-topic !

Swede
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Swede » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:17 pm

laz wrote:G'day Diemai . I found that Elbe spoon inside of a tackle box after our local Fairbairn Dam water levels dropped to 16% a few years back the rest of the contents of the box were censored i don't intend to repolish the spoon as i like the patinas it has acquired after years of being under the water just like clasic bronzes. And the best part about finding snagged lures is there free more money to spend on fishing gear lol .Catch ya laz

Elbe spoons are from Sweden made by Elbe Fiske

Swede
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Swede » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:22 pm

laz wrote:I was wondering if any body can tell me how old these spoons might be maybe Diemai can .any way i have had them since the eighties just in case you can not see it in the pics they have stamed on the back TRONDERSILA (the O has a back slash going thru it )and then a symbol of a man fishing then the words made in Norway
Norwegian Lure 1.jpg
Norwegian Lure 2.jpg
I belive theese were made to fish salmon &brown trout , pike and perch .
I think the present distributor is Sölvkroken thats a company distributing alot of Norvegian tackle

Return to “VINTAGE METAL SPOONS / WOBBLERS / SPINNERS”