Unknown Metal Spoon

laz
Guru
Guru

Unknown Metal Spoon

Post by laz » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Can anybody tell me where this spoon is from .On the bottom edge the spoon it is stamped with elle Bastis or could be elbe Bastis .The word elle is stamped in running writing and the A in bastis has the symbol " above it i can not figure out how type this up on the key board punchfrom .
Unknown Spoon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Unknown Metal Spoon

Post by diemai » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:15 am

hi , laz

Looks like another shape of the old "EffZett" spoon by DAM , there are many knock-offs and similars around !

But I have googled the term "BÄSTIS"(guess , that you don't have that "Ä" on English language keyboards) , it is a Swedish word and means as much as "best girl friend" . The term "Elbe"(not "Elle" , it's written in that old , so-called Latin handwriting , that they tought us back in school in the late 1960's) refers to the manufacturer , I guess !
Though in Germany our second largest river , one of Europes largest , is named "Elbe"(I live only 15 km from it's banks) , I don't believe ,that the river's name would have something to do with a Swedish spoon .

And due to that double meaning it is hard to find something on Google .

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 am

Thank's Diemai .I was wondering if you'd look at this post i still havn't got a round to google yet .catch ya
laz

Swede
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Swede » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:59 pm

Elbe was an swedish tackle distributor supplied all from lures to nets and rods to swedish stores
You can still find them spoons here at times

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:56 pm

@ Swede

Thanks for further info thumbsupsmilie ,......that's what I had assumed !

greetz , diemai howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:18 pm

G'day , folks ,

Rather unexpected , but here are two more vintage "Elbe" lures , .........these are are "ELBE Torsk" jigging spoons rated at 28 grams .

These consist of a slightly cupped(only crosswise , lengthwise they're sraight) brass plate with a lead weight riveted to the inner side , ....found them on a fleamarket last Sunday ,they're gonna be send "Down Under" for a collector .

Sorry for bad pictures , as I've used my video camera to shoot standing pictures for the first time(digicam's display does not function at times anymore , need new one) , seems that the micro function for close range shots isn't that well on that one ?
PICT0002-1.JPG
PICT0005-1.JPG

greetz , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:21 pm

nighatwasim88 wrote: hmmm this is spoon that not normall hahaha clapclap

Welcome to LureAndMore , mate , ..........you're right , ....but strictly seen this is not a spoon , but a pirk !

There are different terms for spoon lures around , ........first and most common would be the "casting spoon" , this is the one that anglers mostly refer to when talking about spoons for fishing , ......the term says it all ,..... it's cast out and retrieved .

Another one is a "trolling spoon" , ....ar first sight it looks like a casting spoon as well , .....but if you get it in your hands , you'll see , that it would be made of a very thin and light sheet metal , not that much suited for good casting and retrieving sufficiently deep , .......this spoon model is supposed to be trolled behind a weight let down to a given depth from a boat .

The third one is a "jigging spoon" , also called a pirk , ..........these lures do not quite have the looks of the above mentioned lures , they are more compact and heavier , ...because they are meant to sink to the bottom fast and be jigged down there , either in a cast-and-retrieve manner or vertically below a boat ot from a pontoon or pier , ....etc !

Such jigging spoons are most likely made from lead , solid brass or steel rod and there are also few non-lead alloys around , ...they can weight from 10 grams to 1000 grams , depending which species of fresh,-and saltwater is the target fish .

greetz , diemai howdy

Return to “VINTAGE METAL SPOONS / WOBBLERS / SPINNERS”