Early Pakula Sprocket (...almost vintage!)

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Early Pakula Sprocket (...almost vintage!)

Post by Marrakai » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:42 pm

I see Peter still checks this forum occasionally, although apparently the zealous pursuit of Aussie timber lures and cod/yellas doesn't leave the patrons much spare time for trolling skirted lures!

So to tide us over, here are a couple of pics of what I'm pretty sure is a Pakula Sprocket from the late 1980s.

<click to enlarge>
Pakula_Sprocket.jpg
Pakula_Sprocket2.jpg
This example is rigged with an original 2-hook shackle-rig developed by Peter at the time: it was a very practical rig and quickly gained a huge following. This one is 90-degrees but I remember Peter promoted a 60-degree off-set as being more successful in the long run.

<click to enlarge>
Pakula_ShackleRig2.jpg
The Sprocket was a pretty serious small-boat billfish lure and racked up a long list of game-fishing achievements during the 1980s and '90s.
The current lumo softease version is probably even more effective but lacks a bit of character IMHO without those big eyes!

BTW I have a lone lumo Cockroach that has swum alongside my home-made resin pushers behind the 14-footer, but out of Darwin there are a million mackerel for every billfish so it doesn't get wet very often!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Early Pakula Sprocket (...almost vintage!)

Post by Mully » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:09 am

you have some awesome game lures mate im going to have to grab me a few for posterity thumbsupsmilie

Return to “SPORT FISHING LURES BIG GAME LURES”