AC Invader

AC Australian Crafted Lures
Mr_Willy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: AC Invader

Post by Mr_Willy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Falky wrote:
Baz wrote:Do all the 90mm plastic Invaders have rattles?I have one that I think may be timber.
baz the timber ones have the wire running through the bib into the body
And I am pretty sure all the plastic ones do have a rattle..

Baz

Post by Baz » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 pm

The one I have isn't a wire through model.It doesn't have a rattle and the hook hangers look like they are twisted stainless wire thats been glued in.The bib cut is also deeper on the 90 compared to a plastic 70 I have, so I'm assuming it is timber.Does anyone know when AC's stopped being made of timber?Here's a couple of pics, the quality is a bit censored , in a bit of a rush.
ac1.jpg
ac2.jpg
Cheers Baz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr_Willy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr_Willy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:03 pm

It is only in the last 2 years that the AC's have gone to plastic. By all reports Anthony was having trouble keeping up with demand and spend BIG $$$$$ $$$$$ on getting the mould made so that his lures had exactly the same action as the wooden ones.

Tombowler76
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Tombowler76 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:39 pm

MR AC still makes timber lures for the odd "special order ", but ya have to get him when he aint busy and be prepared to wait anyway.
i picked up a few of the 60mm last year in Timber for the yella's.

Otherwise they are all mass produced in plastic these days.

Jules

Angry
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Angry » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Tombowler,

AC only makes his Minnows 40 & 60 Invaders in Timber now everything else is plastic/

Thats the reason you got 60mm in timber, & it took a whlie cause he's so busy making all the others, so timber kind of gets left till he gets a chance.

Thats what he told me when we were in my boat 2 weeks ago.

Angry

Return to “AC Australian Crafted Lures”