AC Invader

AC Australian Crafted Lures
Dan
Guru
Guru

AC Invader

Post by Dan » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:11 pm

The AC Invaders are great looking lure's, i've got quite a few of them but haven't really had the chance to give them a real good go due to the water level of the Murray where i have been fishing. They have a great action at slow speeds, and they don't seem to snag up too easily. They range in size from 40mm up to 150mm, and dive to depths from 8ft to 40+ft.

90mm 24ft dive

90mm 40ft dive

150mm 35ft dive

Here's a link
http://www.riverinasportfishing.com/aclures.htm

Weaver
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Weaver » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:34 pm

Dan just vary the length of line out the back of the boat and you can use them in quite shallow water ( 2 to 3 mtr).
You may only have 7 to 8 metres out the back but it doesn't matter the fish will still eat it.

i've got a few 150's and the odd 90( 24ft)

Had a fish break the bib in half on one of the 150's in a hit and atke the lure withg it, i only wound in the bib, went back to the same spot two weeks later and found the lure body so now its a trophy.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:18 pm

shockedsmilie Sounds like It may have been a very nice fish.Your very lucky to have gone back and found the remains what the chances of that happening
again ????..

I think previously because of the outboard Dan had not much of an option but to troll with the lures a fair way back now Dan has the electric he can vary his distance without fear of spooking the fish so much.Opens up a whole new dimension of trolling now [stealth mode]

Weaver
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Weaver » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:38 pm

Mully i only use the 150's with the out board as they need that little bit more speed to get em down and most of the time i'm only fishing them 10 to 15m out the back.
The noise doesn't put them off sometimes it puts them on, if you've had no hits trolling with the leecie try your outboard for a few a few runs, you will be suprised. shockedsmilie

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:37 pm

thumbsupsmilie Thanks for the tip Weaver not being a big cod catcher[but would love to be] wasn't sure if the elec would be a better choice.Up Wentworth way we would always find drift trolling provided a hell of a lot more callop than on the run with the little 15hp running.
Previously all my catches were limited to land based luring or shrimp/worm combo's which accounted for a few nice catches also.

cheers Again mate thumbsupsmilie

Mr_Willy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr_Willy » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:19 pm

Big fan of the AC's. Got my first ever cod on the 90mm 24fter...

Laddy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Laddy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:30 pm

The new 150mm AC have wire running under the bib now which is a good idea, i've had the bibs break on a few brands of lure and will only use lure with wire in them now, it breaks your heart when a fish swims off with a lure stuck in it andyou left with a bib.

Cheers.

Dan
Guru
Guru

Post by Dan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:46 pm

I bet it would, i hate the thought of that happening. I'm glad they did that, i wish a few more lure brands would do the same and also get some more rigid material for the bibs.

Baz

Re: AC Invader

Post by Baz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Do all the 90mm plastic Invaders have rattles?I have one that I think may be timber.

Falky
Master
Master

Re: AC Invader

Post by Falky » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:34 pm

Baz wrote:Do all the 90mm plastic Invaders have rattles?I have one that I think may be timber.
baz the timber ones have the wire running through the bib into the body

Return to “AC Australian Crafted Lures”