Marz Lures

Marz Lures
fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Marz Lures

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Hi Guys,
Here is my collection of Marz Lures, with thanks to Bob of B.O.B lures and the bunch he put up on the 'bay' which I won.
Marz's 10.10.jpg
Marz's 10.jpg
Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

bass_n_b.o.b

Re: Marz Lures

Post by bass_n_b.o.b » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:56 pm

marzy makes 95 percent of his lures off a popout machine hence the grooooovey finish he does make 40 to50 different lures hand sands builds each one nice lures top bloke best friend and mentor i could ever wish for brad the splitrock spiecle is all hand made its huuuuuuuge big bugger of a timber old fart lure mully he could be sneaky old pine sniffer he is will ask anyway bassnbob

Falky
Master
Master

Post by Falky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 pm

only got the one Marz lure. they are a different lure with the grooves thumbsupsmilie
where I brought mine from, there was a split rock special as well. very pricey but.

Adam
PA200158.jpg
PA200157.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bass_n_b.o.b

Post by bass_n_b.o.b » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:18 am

Thanks adam slayed some good bass on them ones //////and yellas////

Alurin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Alurin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:31 am

The interesting thing about Marz Lures or any other cottage industry lure maker is the transition stages. e.g. when did marz lures go from smooth to groove, dolls eyes like the censored eyes indicate early production lures followed by the rattle eyes and then the use of 3D holographic eyes. If you are lucky enough to have a very early Marz Lure with feint grooves it could be one of the first grooved lures before Maurie got his machine up and running where he used to hand file grooves around the lures. If I had my bible in front of me could tell you more but alas some of us have to work. I do know that the second third of fish I have caught have been on Marz Lures so they do work. The last third have been on any old thing including some of my own.I

Alurin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Alurin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:53 am

Any Marz lures that are smooth are very early lures. They will either have painted eyes or dolls eyes complete with eyelashes. Maurie then started to experiment by hand filing grooves around the lures before he had his copying machine cusutom made. I have caught a fair few fish on his lures and undeniably have to say "they do work" very well. Fave color for the local river is the Pee Wee in flouro pink with horizontal black stripes every other variation doesn't seem to work like vertical black stripes or black scales. I've had Maurie touch up the paint job on more than a few occasions on this lure. Another one that works well is the Timberjack in most colors.

Alurin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Alurin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:17 am

Yeah Dave that's them. They still have the grooves but the doll's eyes indicate these would have been the first lures produced on Marzys machine. The dates seem right without checking my bible at home. I have some photo's of part of my Marz LUres Collection.

[img]
DF%20Lures%20001AComp.jpg
[/img]

[img]
DF%20Lures%20006AComp.jpg
[/img]

[img]
DF%20Lures%20007AComp.jpg
[/img]

[img]
DF%20Lures%20008AComp.jpg
[/img]

[img]
DF%20Lures%20009AComp.jpg
[/img]

Alurin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Alurin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:56 am

The first and second pics are Split Rock Specials #12 & #30. The third pic is the #12 Split Rock Special, Cod Beetle, Stubby Grub, Wood Grub and Beetle (all good cod lures). The fourth pic from left to right & topto bottom: Shag, Voo Doo, Wasp, Bass Hunter, Dingo, Jimmie, Timberjack, Frog, Pee Wee, Nipper, Wee M, Gudgeon, Kiwi, Tim, Cicada. The fifth pic is my Bleeding Bait collection from left to right & top to bottom: #30 Split Rock Special, Sea Wiza, Lake MQ Special, Wood Grub, Jew Hunter, Mandrake, Hocus Pocus, Jew 1000, Bass Hunter, Bot Fly, Glenbawn, Horny, Dingo, Voo Doo, Frog, Poddy, Copper Head. There are more to come when I find wherever it is I've stashed them. Also the bible will tell me approx. when each lure was concieved. I also have some pics of some very very early Marz Lures but I think I would need Mauries permission first so I 'll see what I can do.

Alurin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Alurin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:09 am

I have Mauries permission to post some photos of his very first lures. They are all one off's but are quite unique with a story with each one. thumbsupsmilie

Baz

Post by Baz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:26 pm

Well, where are they lol .I have what I think is an old Marz.It's a pink and gold Poddy with faint grooves and painted eyes.I would post some pics but my camera cable is censored zippedsmilie .

Return to “Marz Lures”