Heartland

Damo

Heartland

Post by Damo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:46 pm

Had a play with a Daiwa Heartland spinning reel very, very nice, similar to the sol's i think bu a few more crbb's...Has anyone else bought one or played with one??

prawno
Expert
Expert

Re: Heartland

Post by prawno » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Havent even seen them damo and they arent on the aussie daiwa site as yet... or daiwa.com do you have a link by any chance??

Chop
Expert
Expert

Post by Chop » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:25 pm

Theyre pretty much a sol/kix in a different colour. And maybe a tackleworld special.

Chop

crusty
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by crusty » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:51 pm

There was an ad for them in one of the fishing magazines, I don't think they had more bearings than the Sol, same as the Advantage I think but the rotor bail arm on the heartland looked similar to the Sol whereas the Advantage is slightly different, or it might just be the plastic covers on the sol are fancier.

Seems to me Daiwa seem to have some reels that spec wise are the same with different paint jobs Tierra and D-redback and there is the Black Widow or similar in the US that are all pretty much the same in different colours. I could be totally off track with this as I have found the Advantages to be good enough for me and at a pretty good price when the dollar was up from the States, so have stopped drooling over the magazines and tech specs.

Crusty

Chop
Expert
Expert

Post by Chop » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:12 am

Yep surplus stock, in certain sizes that diawa need too get rid of. new paint and name and away they go.
Its like all these new rods that match the reels theyre doing. the advantage ,sol, luvias and zillion rods are all similar, some of them actually look cheap and plasticy.

chop

prawno
Expert
Expert

Post by prawno » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:46 am

Chop wrote:Yep surplus stock, in certain sizes that diawa need too get rid of. new paint and name and away they go.
Its like all these new rods that match the reels theyre doing. the advantage ,sol, luvias and zillion rods are all similar, some of them actually look cheap and plasticy.

chop
I agree you guys should really start buying Shimano... lol lol Seems like daiwa is flooding the market a bit with alot of the same product, but it is still good stuff

Station49
Guru
Guru

Post by Station49 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:59 pm

Hahahah your a shocker Prawno.

INterested to see a pic of what colour theyve come up with for this one.
Macca

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:36 pm

fromthe pic i have seen its a SOL / KIX body in black with chrome hardware, chrome spool with bright blue trims, sorta like the US model Coastal.

give the consumer a few diffeent choices for colours i spos..im not really fussed with this one, Still love my SOL and the Advantage looks classy...if you get the chance track down the UK model (TD-R) its the same again but certate / royal blue body looks schmicko...

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:55 pm

C'mon Choppy you love the dressed up reels, look at your Airity / Luvias dressed up as an Esmeralda nahnah geez i for got about the new Luvias dressed up to look like an Exist hehe lol....But i love all Daiwa's just hate there service..Next to useless thubsdown

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:23 pm

daiwa Aus has popped them on site now

http://www.daiwafishing.com.au/daiwa.cf ... artland-XA

howdy

Return to “Daiwa”