Latest batch of 'pristine' Newell's

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Latest batch of 'pristine' Newell's

Post by vince. » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Baz, I had an XY 302 Windsor with a top loader box & 12 slotters for looks. You could overtake anything in 3rd gear, I loved it, but it just wasn`t a GTHO. Thanks for bringing that up. -duh

My point is not so much about the fraud, but the reasons for the double standards. Why hasn`t someone involved in this thread, who were so concerned about the conspirators & about getting it right for the good of all, spoken about this already. Surely the collectors they were so concerned about in the first place deserved that.

I find it interesting that I will be called a trouble maker, but, I didn`t make these fakes, I didn`t sign these fakes, I didn`t sell these fakes. I most certainly didn`t try to convince all the collectors that these were not fakes. As I said in another thread, don`t shoot the messenger, I`m not the problem here.

If bullrout & aussbasstony were so concerned about how to spot a fake in the Newell post mentioned above (“Copies of a P Newell Kadaitcha”), this is one way, THE BUCKET LURES ARE ALL FAKES. Would I be wrong if I said that at least one if not both already know that, but haven`t found it important enough to help their fellow collectors out. Hopefully I am wrong about one. Hopefully.

Why is it that this sort of issue is strongly avoided on the forums & labelled trouble-making when it does appear. Why is it, that if the facts are so important to so many, are they only discussed in the backrooms & not allowed in public. Metered doses are fed to the uninformed majority by those looking for importance, prestige & control. Manipulating the masses to maintain control & prices is common everywhere. If we don`t start asking questions & sorting out some of the lies, the future will be based on just that, lies. Lure makers & apparently their wives do tell lies. We have no right to judge them for that, but if we seek the truth, we surely have to be allowed the right to correct it when it happens.
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:22 pm

I cant understand the double standards either or the lack of willingness to pass on information that was 'detected' to be true. If the info was told to the person doing the detecting first hand and was accurate, why not let others know?My old mate Quinny ( lol ) asked a few basic Q's and all he got was the run around by those 'in the know'.

I'm sure there are those out there who love Newells and wouldn't care if Brett Campbell or any other of Peters helpers finished the lures....as long as they were told the truth about it. And there are those that wouldn't care who finished them at all as long as it had the right signature on it. I still believe that they would of been better off left as they were when they came out of the bucket.

In my mind, the reason for all the secrecy by some collectors is because they treat the info (truth?) like a very rare lure. The less people that know the truth , the more valuable it becomes. You can liken it to the story Rob told about the priceless coral. Instead of smashing the coral they may not be forthcoming with their accurate info or maybe even distort it a little to suit themselves.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:15 am

bullrout22 wrote:Be good to find out why not let us all know
Why doesn`t one of those telling us all that they were genuine & now know they are not , let us all know.

bullrout22 wrote:The lures in the bucket from what I know about them Peter made them ,and from what I have read some one painted them,that's all I know and i'm happy to own one of these lures,as far as the signing of the lures from what I have read they was signed by the same person that signed all of Peters lures so this does not bother me at all,this is my opinion only and like I said above i'm extremly happy to have one of these lures.
Anyone would have to believe that after reading this thread. This is not the point. Information was given as fact, based on lies. No problem, we all are capable of that. Point I have been trying to make is this. Some, if not all of those who adamantly put forward this info & condemned the conspirators, now know they gave out false info based on lies they were told. If it mattered so much then, why does it not now. ??? ???

bullrout22 wrote:As for letting collectors know of course I would and i'm sure Tony would also.
That`s what we would hope. thumbsupsmilie

bullrout22 wrote:You also ask about the copy's of the Kadaitcha's from what I remember about this post.I have not gone back and looked at it, I think I started it as a few was talking about fake lures I did not know how to tell them and I would still have trouble telling the difference as i'm not a huge collector of Peters lures although I do like them and will pick up any that I can
It was clear at the time what this post was about. -duh

Just in case you are not in the loop. Maybe if you ask a few of the people you will be talking to at the expo if what I write here is right or wrong.

These lures were all made & signed, after Peter Newell`s passing. Peter Newell didn`t have a hand in them whatsoever. To me, this makes them fakes. Please correct me if I am wrong. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong about anything I have written.
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 pm

two-bob wrote:As a Newell collector I would like the true story to be aired. If everything is above board then I dont see the problem. I dont care who sold them or who bought them what I care about is that I feel all this contraversy has damaged the Newell lures name and made a number of people doubt a few things. I know personally if I was to be offered for purchase a nude Newell now I would be questioning it's background and would probably not want that particular lure because of all this. If the truth is not made public then it is a sad fact that 10 will pop up in it's place with none of them being benifitial to us Newell collectors.

On another point, I find it a bit double standard that no info will be given up about these Newell's but Gaden has been pressed to do the same thing about the recently sold RMG's. I dont think you can have it both ways guy's, fairs fair.
Well why don`t you air it then ??? ??? looking at this post now, you would have to say, what a hypocritical load of crap.

Who is it, that those like this "expert", are trying to protect. I`m sure it`s not the person who made the lures after Peter Newell died & not the person who signed the lures after Peter Newell died. Rather, it`s their own reputations at stake. Their own prestige & importance seems to override their alleged concern over the value of truth & honesty, so treasured at the time. You cannot create legends & inflate prices if you don`t have prestige & importance.
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:41 pm

brolly wrote:G'day Brad
Whilst i openly admit to aquiring a couple of "pristine newell's" recently (even though i had someone win/purchase them on my behalf)it was the controversey surrounding them that made me want them even more.There was never any doubt in my mind that they were the real deal even though i suspected someone may have added the finishing touches to them.And if this happened after Peter's passing certainly doesn't make them non genuine but merely adds to the uniqueness of these lures.They are possibly the last batch of lures Peter made which should or could make them more valuable.Which brings me to the main point of this post and that is to highlight how we can potentially influence the price of some lures through our various disscussions.None more obvious than one of our members paying $900+ for a recent Kadaitcha and then the issue raised of potential fakes or copies and a week or two later i aquire a Kadaitcha from the same source and possibly out of the same batch for $191.Good luck or good fortune i think not.I think nervous buyers.Anyway irrespective of who may or may not of finished them or potentially made the ones i aquired cheaper(the other being the top water Scorpion without the weighted tail how rare can that be) I will proudly display these with the other 100+ newells i have. Anyway that's me said spbx and thanks Brad for your investigative skills clapclap
Mike.
Brolly, having known for some time that these are all fakes, do you still consider that these lures somehow belong in a Peter Newell Collection. They may very well still be collectable, but how can they be in any way connected to Peter Newell, he had passed away before they were made. You are right that your buy wasn`t due to good luck or good fortune, it was due to those evil conspirators who had the audacity to question the experts. Due to the resounding silence, they are still considered trouble makers & the experts still considered experts. Well done.
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:40 am

Bullrout, Alistair is banned from this site, He has his own site to promote his own agenda.
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:18 am

Bullrout, there is always the other option for your mate. Why doesn`t he put up a post under his other identity that he set up years ago after his banning. I`m sure you wouldn`t be aware of that either lol
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:46 am

bullrout22 wrote:There is a more concerning lure that we need to find out who made them they are the fake Kadaitchas WHO MADE THEM

Here is a picture of them a few are real but most are not

Bullrout, if you know these lures are fakes & you feel the collectors need to be aware of this, please start a new thread & put the facts out so we can all know the facts. This thread is not about these lures, but if they are fakes it would be nice to know. I can start the thread for you if you prefer.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:23 am

Hi all

I have been following this thread, as a few members and guests have been doing.
I understand that "two bob" , via Bullrout had put up a post.

What bothers me though is that a member, eric campbell, who has been a member since 2011, who had posted once commenting about the eyes of a lure, logged on to the site last night at 11.22. Within the following minute, a non existent user named " two bob" tried to log on. Their IP addresses were identical.

I perceived this as a challenge .

Rather than banning this member via a pm, I feel it is important to let the readers of this forum know that this is what Vince is referring to.

Albert

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:17 pm

I heard of a room the other day, from those 2 moustaches on Mythbusters , that is so quiet that if you spent 45 minutes in there the silence would send you insane. It reminded me of the silence of the experts (sounds like a good movie title, Anthony Hopkins could play two-bob...hahaha)

I cant believe that people still call the nude and white lures offered for sale after Peter's death , original Newells. The truth is out there and it seems many know it but choose to ignore it for their own benefit.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”