Latest batch of 'pristine' Newell's

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Latest batch of 'pristine' Newell's

Post by vince. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Baz wrote:I cant believe that people still call the nude and white lures offered for sale after Peter's death , original Newells. The truth is out there and it seems many know it but choose to ignore it for their own benefit.
This appears to be the case Baz, you would hope not, but ???

I think it might be time to get back to my original point. My original post is not about crucifying the people responsible for these lures, I have mentioned that on more than one occasion.

I didn`t start this thread, Brad Holman did. He was allegedly seeking the truth at the time & eventually went to great efforts to convince everyone that all is well with these lures. He probably believed it at the time, his arrogance makes it hard to believe otherwise.

Despite Bullrout & Twobob declaring their ignorance of the facts, many know the truth, but none are prepared to tell it. WHY.

I`m not bringing anyone`s name down here, all I seek is what apparently we all wanted at the start of this thread, the truth.

This thread was a pivotal point in the lure collecting world & the divisions that started here, have grown & still continue today.
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:35 pm

I'm not up for the crucifying of the person that made the lures either, they had their own reasons apparently.

I think Brad found the truth some time after his exhaustive 'investigation' but wouldn't come clean with everyone so the Newell name wasn't tarnished. I'm pretty sure he left this site not long after the poo hit the fan with this topic....to ashamed to face the people he lied to?? Only Brad can answer that.

I don't think its going to be long before the whole story is written down for everyone to see. Can hardly wait. The people who knew the story from the start and chose not to tell may have egg on their face/s.

Bullrout, it is alleged you knew the truth about these lures roughly 2 years ago.WHY wouldn't you let it be known?
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

froggy06
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by froggy06 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:54 pm

I have to be carefull here , I have been collecting for a very limited time and I am aware of the history behind these lures . I made 1 phone call to a certain lure maker and was told how it all happened from his perspective. It's also funny that this person was also classed as a good friend , he's comments were poles opposite . I was also offered a " batch " of nudes 18 months ago , I sent the photos on for identification to another collector , only to be told that " batch " of nudes had already been sold to 2 other collectors , I was going to be the proud owner of the same lures third time over . 3 identical sets were produced , as pointed out fresh cuts were visible in the timber and they showed no aging for the time line quoted. Copy lathes / milling machines are a great thing , why should it be kept quiet ? Some people may be innocent parties and that's fine , fence sitters ? Grow some balls , and the ones who have sat back knowing the truth all along are pissweek , I'm sure now that they will all state I'm an " innocent " party. I have been stitched up by plenty of " noted collectors " over my short collecting career , and plenty others joined in when you were all on a " roll " . This is why lure collecting is a dying hobby , too many self promoted experts and know alls that know f### all .

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:20 pm

froggy06 wrote:This is why lure collecting is a dying hobbie , too many self promoted experts and know alls that know f### all .
Froggy, I couldn`t agree more. clapclap clapclap

You are the classic example of the innocent collector who is manipulated & abused by the few who take advantage of the myths. The fact that you had more money to spend than most, seemed to make it more of a sport than usual. Only one man found it important enough to warn you, without knowing you. He put a post on a forum he rarely posts on to warn you about the deceit of some of the nice guy collectors & that`s why I consider him a real legend in lure collecting. Don`t feel too bad about it though mate, I have been through the same. Not just lied to by some of the sad men, but by some of the real big noters, some of whom have been known to write articles in fishing mags.

I would be almost certain that some of these bucket lures are still being passed off as originals & innocent collectors paying possibly more than they would if they knew the truth. For goodness sakes, we are still being told they are legit. -duh -duh
Regards.....Vince.

froggy06
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by froggy06 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Thanks Vince , don't worry I don't give a s## what happened to me in the past ,I'm lucky , I could wear that , I just hope that other new collectors don't suffer the same , at the end of the day most of us all love fishing lures , to some it's more than that , to the ones who " pester " others into selling , and I mean verging on stalking , especially the more vulnerable in society , you will one day be old , and don't worry it doesn't go unnoticed , to the ones who judge others on the lures they own and have in their collection , jealousy is a shit of a thing and will eat you up as it is doing now ,to the " keyboard gangsters " just remember not everyone you pm or msg on private numbers isn't 5 ft 2 and 60 years of age , and to the person who had the decency to bring the " scamming " to my attention , I thank you and don't need to name you , although we don't speak often , I class you as a true gentleman and friend

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:07 pm

I must make an apology to bullrout. In my stupidity, I have deleted one of his posts. I was trying to merge it to another thread & got it horribly wrong & deleted it. crazysmilie crazysmilie
Regards.....Vince.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:21 am

Hi Vince, just a bit of clarity for those who did fork out $'s for these in the past (me being one) - I gather that Peter Newell was not alive to 'finish these lures off' and therefore logically the task would been completed by 'others', but are you also saying that Peter did not even carve or undercoat the original lure blanks ?

Suppose in my mind they are either 'hybrids or fakes', depending on this answer ?

Sorry if the question is naive, but having been somone who bought some, I guess I can be naive enough to ask the direct question -duh
Cheers Rob

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:42 am

Rob, they were all made after Peter`s passing. Not finished, but made & finished after. This information for those that don`t know, comes from the man that made them.

With your past, constant contact with the maker of these lures, I would have thought you would have been aware of this long ago. We shouldn`t make assumptions, but he has made no secret of it. He may not be proud of it, (& who are we to judge without knowing the reasons), but it is no secret.
Regards.....Vince.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:11 am

vince. wrote:
With your past, constant contact with the maker of these lures, I would have thought you would have been aware of this long ago.
I also got caught out with a couple of his, so how good am I going crazysmilie

Heading back to fondle a Deception .... howdy
Cheers Rob

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:45 am

Lure-Nut wrote:
Heading back to fondle a Deception .... howdy
At least you know they're genuine...