Rosewood Scorpion

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
Tackle tragic

Rosewood Scorpion

Post by Tackle tragic » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:51 pm

I remember someone (maybe be woz) said that PNewell used a black marker to sign lures.....
He had been offered a white ink marker to sign dark coloured lures.... but might not have every used one.

this scorp is listed as a P newell signed nude....

has also got some other nude Newells which raised some doubt......close but maybe a fake
!BWMK0nQCGk~$(KGrHgoOKiUEjlLmV5L+BKWRf(yEng~~_0.jpg
!BWMKed!!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBKWRdU7kR!~~_0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tackle tragic

Re: Rosewood Scorpion

Post by Tackle tragic » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:17 am

Romeo that dave....wasnt sure about the white marker.....

standing by

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:44 am

I was going to PM Wazza to see if he knows him as same location. I was looking at the Topwater scorpian listed. Handwriting looks the jit and the shape and eyes are fine but there is no weight in the rear like all of mine and the 2 others I have seen. I asked a question and he replied that it was unweighted and he purchased direct from Peter . I cant see how it would work in the water, apart from just like a stick. Can someone buy it and try it out to satisfy my curiosity please lol
No it is not weighted at the rear. Yes i did purchase it from peter direct about 2 years ago.
Scorpian Topwater..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tackle tragic

Post by Tackle tragic » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:26 pm

this is from the same seller....

screw in hook hangers?????
!BV8(e2wBmk~$(KGrHgoOKj0EjlLmTLjuBKVDEQqJ7w~~_1.jpg

Tackle tragic

Post by Tackle tragic » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:20 am

hmmmm $172.00 for the 135mm fake scorp....

Woz where are you????

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:38 am

So, did Peter never use screw in hook hangers, particularly in the later years ???
Cheers Rob

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:56 am

Peter did use screw in hook hangers. Looking at my scorpians and surface scorpians they have them. It is because of the numbers of undercoats and paint that they are deeper into the lure so I think so a nude shows them up more. (Can take a closer pic and show if needed.

Again though , that surface scorpian is just not right without the weight in the rear. Everything else about the lures is spot on though I think. The only question I had was the Kadaitcha that did not have the normal soldered tow point and instead a normal clip. Any comments from people more in the know.?

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:26 am

Two-bob .... think your right on the money, checked some of my painted Newels and must say that a large number of the later era ones definitely have screw in hook holders, albeit the open join is completely covered over by the paint thickness.

Gotta say, given the incredible first hand and personal knowledge of Peters lures by members on this site (unfortunately not me), it would be great to establish a 'known' list of variants that Peter used in the production of his lures over the various time spans.

There is no doubt that he did use screw in hook hangers and it was confirmed that in latter years he had experimented with Luxon clips etc etc. Would be great to hear from members who have 'confirmed' Newells to establish a definitive list of variants.

Think the thing that is probably most important though, is the signature thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie anyone here a handwriting expert ???
Cheers Rob

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 pm

I gave peter and kathy a white marker too sign my ploppies,coati's etc 2-3years ago until then he didn't know you could get them.
So some lures have been signed in white and Peter did use screw eyes in the later made lures.
warren

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”