Authentic Kadaitichas

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
lkhandyman
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Authentic Kadaitichas

Post by lkhandyman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Just wondering on what peoples thoughts where on this Kadaiticha that went on Ebay last week. I personaly did not bid as I had doubts to it athenticity, and given the low price I think other may have as well.

The clip looks wrong, bib angle looks wrong as do the eyes. It did not mention it was a Newells in the deiscription but calling it a Kadaitcha to me means it is one of Peters.

What do you guys think is this a rip off of Peters????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Baz

Re: Authentic Kadaitichas

Post by Baz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Definately not one of Peter's.The seller has been making his own lures and selling them.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:19 pm

I was a bit suss of that one as well, not only the points mentioned, but the shape of the bib, size and placement of the holes in bib and the head profile, also the tail shape and profile. I think most lookers agreed and that was reflected in the low final price compared to the 'REAL DEAL'

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

That particular person had been offering copies of stuff like a stumpjumper, noted as such in their desscription however on this occassion no mention of it being a copy despite it clearly being so.

I didn't query it, but kept an eye on it I think in hindsight a few polite questions might have been in order as with recent increases in interest more people are looking.

I didn't do it but spoke to someone who was keeping an eye on it with a mind to raising an objection if the price got too high.

i guess in the first instance we need to ask the questions earlier because if people get ripped off it damages the idea of lures being worthy collectibles.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:12 pm

I asked the question for the same reasons noted above ...... seller direct response below would have told you enough about it's genuineness thubsdown

"NOT SURE WAS IN A BOX OF LURES I BOUGHT FROM A GARAGE SALE THANKS"
Cheers Rob

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:37 pm

He guys we have a fakes and copy section please add this kind of stuff there for us all to have a look at and refer to when we see a fake or fraud item because as sure a hell i would not like to be fooled by something that is not what it appears to be...

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:09 am

We will all need to be careful what we say about a lures authenticity, we could end up in trouble.
BUT in saying that I heard a wisper that some unfinnished lures of a wellknown lure maker
were found in his shed after his passing and have been "finnished" and offered for sale as originals.

If you are willing to pay big money,then look long and hard at the item.
Laurie.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:20 am

totally agree laurie but if we talk in general and dont post links or names then we are fine best way is to post a piccy and debate it

lkhandyman
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by lkhandyman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks for the response guys, thats what I thought.

Brad I don't think $133.50 is a low price for a fake, copied lure. The Replica Stumpjumper this guy sold earlier this month which he siad in the description was a replica sold for $20, which I think is a fair price for it, even though I don't agree with the fact he has copied it in the first place. It might be a low price compared to the real thing but is still high for what it is.

Funny how he sold a replica timber stumpjumper that he made, and then a couple of weeks latter has a Kad that he picked up at a garage sale, made out of the same timber, same ally bib??? Suss?? how silly dose this guy think people are, well I guess he fooled someone for them to pay $133.50 for a fake copy.

Attached for peoples interest is the Replica Stumpie this guy sold on the 6.6.09.

This kind of blatant rip off really gives me the sh#ts.

Mully is it possible to list this guys ebay seller name or is that going to get me in trouble???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:06 pm

no guys dont do it just post a picture if you see it people will look out for it thumbsupsmilie

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”