Ebay ...R.M.G . "ring-in"

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Ebay ...R.M.G . "ring-in"

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Mon May 11, 2009 12:41 pm

Bullrout " Dave" you told me last week that Mully was away fishing , so I hope you know where to put this...

The lure on Ebay ..Item number ..130305357003 , described as a "Rellik-doc" is not an original. After a call from a mate of mine early
this morning, i looked at it ( only the photo in ebay, and another one that the seller sent of the under-belly) . I would almost 100%
guarantee that it is a "Rellik-Doc" body and Bib, that i made. But thats all.
1. I never painted a lure that colour, and i painted all of them .
2. I never used that "Bib-Clip"
3. The name on the under-belly , although very close, is not written by me.
4. I cannot recall painting any lures in batch's of 4 of a colour for anyone.
If somebody want to buy the Lure, then buy it. But i hope you warn the readers of this forum, that the paint is not genuine or Original.

Thanks Dave " Bullrout" Rob
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Craig
Master
Master

Re: Ebay ...R.M.G . "ring-in"

Post by Craig » Mon May 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks for the heads up Rob. clapclap thumbsupsmilie bowsmilie
Tagged and Released

Baz

Post by Baz » Mon May 11, 2009 9:00 pm

That seller has been selling re-painted lures for a while now.The story he tells in the description of the lures is always about his Uncle or Grandfather and special one off colours.Don't know why'd you bother re-painting an old classic, people these days will still pay good money for a beaten up original from great lure makers like Rob thumbsupsmilie
Baz.

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Thu May 14, 2009 6:19 pm

G'Day Fellas,

I asked the seller about the item & the things mentioned on here & this was the response:

"Hi Rob, Firstly I've cancelled your bid on the lure. There's no point buying something you have any doubt about. I certainly wouldn't...
Secondly, after phoning my Uncle about your email, he mentioned that these lures were freely available from a shop named " Hooked Up " Fishing Tackle in Clontarf, Brisbane for $18.00 each. My Uncle has this address in his Phone/ address book, unfortunately this shop closed down several years ago...( I've already tried to ring )so we have no recourse, but he bought a dozen because he'd never tried them. After using them for a year or so, he decided to get some more, rang the shop, and asked if he could get some " special " colours painted for him, he was told Yes, and ordered twenty in various paint jobs, THIS ONE included. They were in groups of four...( he always gets lures painted in groups of 4 ) SO, that's all I know about them, and if Rob Gaden says he didn't paint it, well then who did ??? You don't need a B.A. to see it's a rellik doc, the shape is too distinctive...I'm sorry for being so longwinded, but I've done everything I can from this end...the lure was bought from a shop, so that's good enough for me...All the best

- jjdfineart"

I know what I think about the whole thing but we'll see how it goes!

Rupe.
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”