Latest batch of 'pristine' Newell's

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Latest batch of 'pristine' Newell's

Post by ocd1688 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:19 pm

BTW THE LONGEST RUNNING THREAD, PROBABLY A WORLD RECORD, WAS DELETED BY YOU KNOW WHO lol lol lol

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:58 pm

ocd1688 wrote:People are not really turned on by truth and facts.
The figures don`t lie Gus. I think you are right. thumbsupsmilie

I have said before in other posts(many of which I`ve deleted through lack of interest) that to those that the truth matters, it should matter that it`s true. To those that it doesn`t, just look at the lures.

Funny thing about this is that your figures don`t back this up either. Very few of the big number threads are not about looking at lures -duh -duh

If you look at facebook for a good example, a lot of the posts are along the lines of " what is this & what is it worth". This is a pretty good indication that even those that don`t need the facts & just love the lures, like to access the facts via those they think have them. Where then did these Gurus get their info from, would be a good question. ??? ???

I hope my point comes across here, because it is the whole point of this issue.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Mate I can't put it any plainer, "it" being the point you are making.

Quite a few posts in this thread were deleted, not by you or me.

Great illustration of the "POINT" you have been telling the reader. They might have to read it a few times to digest it all thumbsupsmilie

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:19 pm

No one seems to want to speak their mind on this site where it is perfectly acceptable to do so.
That’s fine, let’s keep it all behind the scenes where it always has been. That way no one learns the truth.
After the last round on this topic, I received a P M from Brolly, yes Brolly, Mike somebody, what ever his fucking name is.
You know the most knowledgeable man in this country on Peter Newell. Mike never met Peter, but knows more about his lures than anyone alive. More than say, Rob Gaden who was a long time friend. More even than Alistair who knows Kath shockedsmilie and even met Peter at his house for God’s Sake bowsmilie
Point is, Brolly, and I use your name freely as your requested in your PM, Why are you still silent on this topic.
Are you just a two faced lying piece of shit, or just still the innocent bystander you claimed to be all along. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would figure that the one person who accepts the mantle of being the Newell Guru, would take the time to find out the facts on this.
I really don’t give a shit what happens to this site or to the arseholes like Brolly who lie to fellow collectors for whatever the reason. It’s time we set the facts straight, it’ll never happen, but it’s time.
Regards.....Vince.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Well dear freind Vince ...... and that is NO secret , I have NO problem telling those who do not already know , that I consider you to be my friend , even more so.... a true , trusted and loyal mate. I dont have many mates , thats my choice ....... if that sounds strange , to those those who think they have dozens or even hundreds of mates , stop dreaming .... or wake up to yourself. I have 5 real mates and I would step in front of a loaded gun if I thought it would benifit their life. As I believe they would do for me....... Good mates are rare.

Anyway , back on topic......

It is true that Mike " Brolly " does know the truth about the Newells. He was always considered by me as being a " Fence sitter". That is not back-stabbing on my part as I have told Mike this on several occasions. But thats him ..... people are all different. I dont think I have ever been accused of being a fence sitter but have been accused of plenty of other things. Some true....but mostly false.

Mike has admitted that he does know the truth about these Newell lures , and after talking to Brett Campbell many years ago , he contacted me and told me. This is a fact. Why he has never written about it on the various lure web sites is something only he will know. Of course I know the truth before he told me , but as I was already being bashed left , right and centre by the Newell leg-humpers..... I couldnt be bothered puting my head back in a position of the chopping block. I also had some sympathy for Brett Campbell who was an old lure making friend so I stayed out of it.

The truth has been out there for a long time , but as you say Vince... it was swept under the carpet , and those who covered it up just hope the contoversy has or will disappear.

From my point of view.... some or many of these lures have since changed hands , been sold. I hope the seller/sellers have made the buyers aware of not just the history of them , but also the facts about the " Pristine Newells" that those sellers were aware of for many years now.

If the buyer is or was informed the truth , then I have No problem with the seller.

In lure collecting I have lost faith in most collectors , valuers and supposed experts as I think they have agenda's . I have made and sold some reproduction lures over the years , but I have always told the buyer what they were buying. Strange thing is..... they were still happy to pay reasonable money and both parties were happy. That proves that the truth is really worth something.

Sorry for rambling on , I hope my post adds something to the topic. If it gets replies , so be it...... if there are no replies , thats fine aswell , but hopefully it get the readers thinking .

RDR86out
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

wally
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by wally » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:18 pm

well said rob the experts have been keeping there heads down the last 12 or 18 months thinking this will all go away just a matter of time till the shit hits the fan the truth must come out wally

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:15 am

wally wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:18 pm
just a matter of time till the shit hits the fan
lol Wally, it`s already hit the fan mate. It`s all over them, they are just keeping their heads down pretending it don`t stink. susssmilie
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”