Deception Nudes

Deception
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: Deception Nudes

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:37 am

Hi Baz .... do love the Deceptions droolsmilie

Mate, the bib slot is shallow because of the very different construction method where the towpoint and hookhangers are now integrated into the one piece skeleton frame which is inserted into the groove. The bib then only takes water pressure, not the pressure of a fish, hence a shallower bib slot would be all that is required construction wise.

Well, that's my take on what Paul has done .... but he's the Expert, I'm just the Collector lol thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:06 am

Lure-Nut wrote:Hi Baz .... do love the Deceptions droolsmilie

Mate, the bib slot is shallow because of the very different construction method where the towpoint and hookhangers are now integrated into the one piece skeleton frame which is inserted into the groove. The bib then only takes water pressure, not the pressure of a fish, hence a shallower bib slot would be all that is required construction wise.

Well, that's my take on what Paul has done .... but he's the Expert, I'm just the Collector lol thumbsupsmilie
Thanks for the info Rob thumbsupsmilie
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:08 pm

These are a pair of Deception nudes with enormous history .... they are two Deception classics out of the '90's and a big part of the early years of the Deception evolution.

It took me a number of years to 're-join' the pair, which were separated but now reside pride of place in my Deception Collection thumbsupsmilie

The larger lure is a Deception Yabby with the shorter 35mm bib length - this shape is my personal favourite Deception and was made with 2 length bibs. The first being a 40mm bib which was first made in 1993 - the later 35mm bibbed Yabby finished production on the 26/6/94, so this nude would appear to predate that date.

The smaller lure is a twisted wire, through wire Deception 'Whitmore Shrimp' nude which dates back to 1994. As these are a matching pair, I'd date them as 1994 but please forgive me if I'm 6 months or so out -duh

I love them, some really early Deception nudes and the only nudes of these models that I am aware of. I sincerely thank one specific Collector who made the Yabby available to me a couple of years ago thumbsupsmilie

droolsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:06 am

A stunning pair Rob droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 am

A dynamic duo clapclap clapclap
Regards.....Vince.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:22 pm

This nude Deception is probably not the most aesthetically pleasing of all of Paul's lures, but it was the first prototype Hornet that Paul ever made yay

The shape developed into one of the most understated Deception's ever made - a beautiful bream/bass lure made without nothing other than an integrated timber bib.

The evolution from this first inspiration to the final stunning outcome is quite remarkable .... such a shame it didn't ever make the production line -duh

I love the Hornets .... why the name, remember Paul mentioning to me that it co-incided with the release of the Quintrex Hornet which he was wanting to buy at the time thumbsupsmilie

droolsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Evolution .....

droolsmilie
Cheers Rob

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:36 pm

It`s good to see you back with another real gem Rob clapclap clapclap
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Pretty scarce Rob clapclap clapclap and very nice droolsmilie droolsmilie

Albert

Flicker
Expert
Expert
Mood:

Post by Flicker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Nice clapclap
I wonder why he made the first a nudie ???
Cheers
Adam (Sniper Lures)

Return to “Deception”