Deception Nudes

Deception
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: Deception Nudes

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Here is another very interesting Deception nude, this time the last series Deception Shrimp with skeleton and deep bib. This was a purpose built Deception designed to sink and one of the very few Deceptions not to be made of White Beech.

This Shrimp is made of Forest Oak which is about 2 gms heavier than the standard production Shrimp. Paul has confirmed that he "did some shrimp one time out of a fairly heavy white beech that did sink slowly". Fortunately I was offered an example of one of these very recently, which is finished in a black and white cow pattern - the lure is definitely less buoyant than standard which is confirmed when put on Jewellers scales.

This Shrimp is the only nude sinking Shrimp and for that matter, the only forest oak Shrimp that I am aware of - hope you like thumbsupsmilie

droolsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 am

Very special Rob clapclap clapclap clapclap
Looking forward to further specimen in this series thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:13 pm

I`m really appreciating the beauty Rob clapclap

As you know I`m not a fan of nudies normally lol but after looking at the number of views, I think at lot of others are thumbsupsmilie
Keep em comin thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 pm

This nude Deception is a complete enigma for me .... it's a transitionary lure that dates back to 1993. It is placed chronologically between the original Cutlet Bone and the Whitmore Shrimp - (yes, some of Pauls early Shrimps were called Whitmore Shrimps).

It has the flat belly from the Cutlet Bone, but Paul routed the bottom sides to give it a more 'rounded' shape reminiscent of the next Shrimp model, which was the through wire Whitmore Shrimp.

Now I have searched high and low for a production model of this very early unfinished lure and cannot turn one up - Paul believes he made a few batches so they must be out there, but where .... I dunno -duh

Here's looking at a very rare unfinished nude Deception, but more than that, it is a very important part of the early years of the Deception Shrimp development thumbsupsmilie

If you enlarge the picture you can probably pick out the additional routing on the bottom third of the lure's side.

droolsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 pm

great stuff Rob clapclap clapclap
By the time you go through the 21 samples with the series of well written and detailed information, it will form a major reference source for these lures.
Looking forward to more mate.

Albert thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:57 am

ocd1688 wrote:great stuff Rob clapclap clapclap
By the time you go through the 21 samples with the series of well written and detailed information, it will form a major reference source for these lures.
Looking forward to more mate.

Albert thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
I would have to agree totally thumbsupsmilie clapclap clapclap
Regards.....Vince.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Here are some pics of the hybrid Deception Shrimp compared to a late model skeleton Shrimp blank.

The major change (other than the skeleton and groove) was the further rounding of the belly profile into the very aesthetically pleasing shape. The flat belly of the Cutlet bone is completely gone and to facilitate that, the body is an additional 1mm wider.

Hope you like thumbsupsmilie

droolsmilie
Cheers Rob

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Excellent details and illustrations Rob thumbsupsmilie

Even I can understand and see the difference clapclap clapclap clapclap

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks Rob, clapclap it`s always good to see lures yay , but to get to see the progression through the years is a bonus for any collector thumbsupsmilie & I appreciate the time you are taking to show us the extra details. clapclap
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:45 am

That is a great part of your collection Rob, very nice.Why is the bib slot so shallow on the second lure?

Keep the pics coming!!
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Return to “Deception”