Deception Big Boys

Deception
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Deception Big Boys

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Do like these Big Bad Deceptions, not often seen but worth the hunt. Most people probably associate a big Deception with the much revered Scampi, however there are others - enjoy thumbsupsmilie

- Mega Boomer - 140mm excluding bib and weighing in at 52gms is a big Cod lure suitable to trolling down deep - a handful were made in 1996 for the Mulwala Comp.

- Kadiacha - 120mm excluding bib and weighing in at 54gms, this is a big native lure in the Kadaitcha mould - a handful were made in 1996 for the Mulwala Comp.

- Jew - 140mm excluding bib and weighing in at 46gms this is a bulky stubby lure targeting Jew's - think there may have been 20 odd made but not sure of the exact number.

- Jointed Jew - 250mm excluding bib and weighing in at 156gms this baby needs a beach rod and a serious tip to get it out there - it's a one and only but has proven itself in battle.

Seriously big Deceptions for the serious Deception collector ... love them, hope you enjoy thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

action
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Deception Big Boys

Post by action » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:19 pm

awesome deceptions there mate .... very nice .....cheers aaron

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:28 am

Enjoy I did Rob. I defy anyone not to be impressed by this elegant lot. Absolutely "top shelf" lures and beautifully photographed. All class - thanks for showing.

Regards(and best wishes for Xmas),
Col

SolarFall
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by SolarFall » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:38 am

those look really great, i really like the lowest swimbait, i did a scale patter like that to few baits some time ago it really gives a nice effect to the bait.
my awesome youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SolarBaits

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:06 am

In some ways these big Deceptions are some of Paul's best .... SolarFall, in my mind the big Jointed Jew is probably the No1 collectible Deception out there and it takes pride of place in my collection - there was only 1 ever made and it is a really imposing lure, it's a shame that Paul never made more of them.

To help out fellow Deception Collectors I'm happy to offer one of the Deception Kadaicha's for a like trade, I'm not currently aware of any others surviving out there, so this is a huge opportunity for a serious Deception Collector that can probably never be repeated thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Return to “Deception”