Warning: Deception Collectors

Deception
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Warning: Deception Collectors

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Guys .... before you buy any Deceptions from anywhere, just ask first whether what you are buying is an original Paul Kneller lure or one of those made by Tacspo - there is a significant difference in value and collectibility thumbsupsmilie

All you need is a photo of the bib and if there is a Map of Australia and the word Deception on it, then it's Tacspo -duh

Seriously I have no problem with a Tacspo Deception, they are awesome fishing lures and I fish them, but they are not original Knellers - unfortunately it seems to be a bit of a habit on eBay for sellers to hide the writing on the bib - warning, don't get caught cause they are not worth what some people are paying for them thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Warning: Deception Collectors

Post by jimmymate » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Great point Rob I have noticed the same thing. thumbsupsmilie

Guaranteing it's timber is another thing they like to mention

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeh Mate .... I've been caught in the past, but now I always ask before I bid - NONO reply, NONO bid !!!

It's just a little bee in my bonnet - you read the words and it's old, it's timber and it's collectible and your thinking it's a Kneller for sure - then ask the question and you find out the opposite. In fact I'm probably more shitty about those who once it is pointed out to them, they don't even bother to update the listing -duh
Cheers Rob

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Rob, I agree, it would certainly take the gloss off the enthusiasm if one were to pay the $40+ that Deceptions seem to be getting, for a lure you can buy in a shop for $20 zippedsmilie
I also dislike the new tactic of claiming that Tacspo Deceptions are made in plastic in Choina to upsell Tacspo made lures of timber smckin

All we can do is ask for more or better pics, ask the right question, NO.... make that ask the question THE RIGHT WAY wwnk or give it a big miss if it looks a bit suss.
another case of..... CAVEAT EMPTOR

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Rob,

that's no good mate and it shi-t-s me to years with the scamers on eBay .

I think there is a few suss things going on over there lately. zippedsmilie

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:05 pm

fishaholiclures wrote:Rob, I agree, it would certainly take the gloss off the enthusiasm if one were to pay the $40+ that Deceptions seem to be getting, for a lure you can buy in a shop for $20 zippedsmilie
Don't remind me cccc cccc and your right the prices are starting to go up, maybe cause there are no more left lol lol crazysmilie
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 pm

aussbasstony wrote:Rob,

that's no good mate and it shi-t-s me to years with the scamers on eBay .

I think there is a few suss things going on over there lately. zippedsmilie
Mate ... I know why you are pissed and rightfully so -duh -duh
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:55 pm

And there's more on again .... '100% guaranteed it's timber' but I can see the little Aussie Flag, although you try to hide it smckin smckin crazysmilie
Cheers Rob

Benno
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Benno » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Thanks Lure Nut aka Rob

Looks like I've bought a fake, deceptively (oh the irony) labeled as a 'nipper' so have sent the seller the question of the bib and will report back. If it's misleading he'll get appropriate feedback and I'll flag it via ebay every single way I can.

Yes I am a newbie, but like everyone else, I hate being duped.

- Benno

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:14 am

Benno, the Tacspo's aren't fake - they are just not Paul's original models and were produced by Tacspo after Paul sold them the business.

My point is that the seller should try and make the listing clear so that you know exactly which version they are - there were a set of 3 very different colored Deceptions sold on eBay in the last day or so that just didn't feel right .... I asked the question 2 or 3 times and got no response so didn't bid on the lures.

I hope the winner got what they were expecting -duh
Cheers Rob

Return to “Deception”