Interesting Deception

Deception
John
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: Interesting Deception

Post by John » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 pm

I've made a few of those lures and I run the twist towards the back of the lure as there isn't enough body towards the front. Looks like he has only twisted the first 10mm and then run a single strand through to the bib, good idea but awkward. Will have a look at my old Deceptions tomorrow to see what's going on.
Last edited by John on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falky
Master
Master

Post by Falky » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:30 pm

Reel-Nut wrote:Looks like it could have been like this nude Shrimp but with the wire never making it the whole way through ???
looking at this pic there is two holes for the wire tow point in the bib. the first Deception lure (shrimp) in this topic, has a slot in the bib. difference in lures!

lure crazy
Guru
Guru

Post by lure crazy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:46 pm

This is just a "RANDOM" comment, but sometimes when a body to bib tow point lure doesnt swim propperly, cutting the link and putting a free moving tow point in makes the lure swim a whole lot better. Maybe thats what has happened here? ??? thumbsupsmilie
Beginner or pro, doesent matter how good you are, fishings a gambling game. Put your lure in the right place at the right time and it will get smashed!
Image "CLICK THE BANNER FOR THE NEW WEBSITE"

John
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by John » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking has happened.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Falky ..... awesome observation, that means that the original lure in question was built with a staple connection and the through wire, hence the wire wouldn't have been 'cut' as a modification bowsmilie bowsmilie

Looks like a variation on the theme thumbsupsmilie

Comparison below ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

Bigriver
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Bigriver » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:46 pm

Ok, I will come clean, Crazy Lure was close. I did a handful of lures that had the Omega clip with one long leg glued into the bib, when the glue seal broke the tow point would go one or the other and throw them out of tune. Scraped that idea quickly. Cheers Paul.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:32 am

Thanks Paul .... really appreciate the information, the idea might have been scrapped, but I'm not scrapping the lure particularly as I now know it's history lol lol lol thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Got the good oil directly, one on one, thanks Paul thumbsupsmilie

As noted above, after a while the glued in leg attached to the tow point would move or shift in the body, rendering the lure out of tune. The short term option was to clip off the leg and atttach a normal staple clip - apparently very limited numbers were released like this, so very happy to have one yay yay yay
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Picked up another of these very interesting Deceptions where the through wire towpoint has been cut and replaced by Paul with staple connection - this one is even better, it has the Windamere '94 inscription on the bottom of it yay

Yep it's an older twisted wire version .... albeit knocked around a bit droolsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:05 am

Rob, your lucky as it was on my "bid hard against Rob" list to match the Mulwala cherax. lol I might not have got it but you would of payed more for it if it was not for the mowing and not watching the clock -duh

Good buying and a nice lure thumbsupsmilie

Return to “Deception”