Post by Falky » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:41 am

nice Dave and Rohan thumbsupsmilie great pics of some great lures

Adam

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: My Deceptions

Post by Lure-Nut » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:22 pm

Dave .... awesome collection developing there - mix in a Scampi and a Sardinops next and your getting the bases covered thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:36 am

Mate .... have a few spare Scampi we can work
something out with thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Dave,
Picked up a Med & Deep Mini Basswood as well from that last lot.
Deceptions 16062010.jpg
They are feeling right at home in the Deception Apartment clapclap

Also added a very unique variation to my Big Rivers...a Diving Kelpie...only 1 ever made by Paul as a tester I guess.
Big Rivers 16062010.jpg
Also equally at home with his brothers and sisters and cousins.

Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Brad .... nice Deceptions and top pickup with the mini Basswoods, they will be very rare in years to come as what you saw will be all there is (unless Alistair lets a few of his go) yay yay

Can you visualise the next generation of lures collectors wondering how they are going to get their hands on some of these lures -duh lol crazysmilie

Reckon this is a very 'rich' period in Aussie lure collecting history, where the history is not too far away to be unrealistic and there are still tackle boxes yet to be found - think it will be very different in 20 odd years ???
Cheers Rob

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:27 pm

@ Dave,
yeah I managed to fluke them lol

@Rob....the deception family is growing ever so slowly...I forgot to put in the pic, a normal Basswood I have downstairs. It's missing 1 eye thru worm burn but is nice all the same. I will come a cross a shallow mini somewhere I am sure, just a matter of time.

These are indeed heady times for collectors, and so much previously close hold information is being revealed by collectors, former makers and even current makers which is good for us LUREOPHILES thumbsupsmilie

I guess history sake is why I am happy to collect just 1 of everything in general.

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:26 pm

fishaholiclures wrote:@Rob....the deception family is growing ever so slowly...I forgot to put in the pic, a normal Basswood I have downstairs. It's missing 1 eye thru worm burn but is nice all the same. I will come a cross a shallow mini somewhere I am sure
Mate, I reckon there were 13 of the 51 mini's that were made with short bibs and following the auction, they are now in the hands of at least 3 people thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Brad/Rob,
Agree with your sentiments about this being the golden time for collectors, just look at some of the people on this forum,
RMG Rob, Paul Kneller, Carl Grist, Richard Lee and many others, a wealth of talent and experience.
I have learnt so much in the short time I've been browsing, glad I retired when I did, has given me more time.
My quest is to have one lure from each of the Aussie timber makers, it's been 35yrs. to date and nowhere near to achieving, but the search is the thing. thumbsupsmilie
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:50 pm

barraguru wrote: My quest is to have one lure from each of the Aussie timber makers, it's been 35yrs. to date and nowhere near to achieving, but the search is the thing. thumbsupsmilie
Mate ... I'm not fussy, just one of every Deception ever made in every colour ever painted, will do me lol lol crazysmilie
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:10 pm

Dave ... stunning lures, a pair of my favourite Deceptions yay thumbsupsmilie droolsmilie
Cheers Rob

Return to “Deception”