RMG cod lure question???

RMG Lures
jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

RMG cod lure question???

Post by jimmymate » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Quick question aimed at Rob but happy to hear others thoughts.

If you could take only one model RMG that you have made over the years casting for cod in rivers what would that model be and why ???

Anyone else who has fished with older RMGs feel free to add your opinion also thumbsupsmilie

Jimmy

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RMG cod lure question???

Post by vince. » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:50 am

Jimmy, I`ve never used any old RMG`s.

If I had to pick one, it would be the Rellik-Doc. Only reason I can give is that the modern version rarely fails & I doubt if the old timber would compete any better.

Damo, a mate of mine lived on the Murray & fished it most everyday he could with a lot of success, pretty well always used a Poltergeist. He now makes his own & uses them, but I`m sure his answer to this question would be Polty.
Regards.....Vince.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Jimmy & Vince ,

I have a soft spot for the REllik-Doc for many reasons and also caught thousands of Murray Cod on them.

But if it was fishing the deeper holes in Gorge Country.... I reckon I would tie a Polty on. ( in the early first versions which were drawn by Luxon conectors , not the re-vamped omega clip ). Totally different depth and action with each of these versions.

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimmymate » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Thanks boys. Keeping my eyes peeled for a timber Polty and Rellik Doc to add to my fishing box then thumbsupsmilie should be a piece of wee to find lol

I dont have very many lures i wouldnt fish but the ones from you first anniversary set Rob are purely off limits.

Jimmy

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:42 pm

jimmymate wrote:Thanks boys. Keeping my eyes peeled for a timber Polty and Rellik Doc to add to my fishing box then thumbsupsmilie should be a piece of wee to find lol
Jimmy
Jimmy, those old things are laying about everywhere. Even in Binnaway you can't go down the street without tripping over one lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “RMG Lures”