THE ART OF ROBERT MICHAEL GADEN the Yabbie

RMG Lures
ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

THE ART OF ROBERT MICHAEL GADEN the Yabbie

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:48 pm

This is very old and quite rare.

It is associated with a great deal of controversy which I wouldn't go into here, as I hope these threads can become a bit of a reference source for the RMG lures. As Vince said, love him or hate him, RMG is the most successful of all Aussie lure makers.
IMG_5023.JPG
IMG_5024.JPG
IMG_5025.JPG
IMG_5026.JPG
IMG_5027.JPG
However if one would like to discuss the various aspects of the issues surrounding this model, you are welcome to do so.
My old mate has the know how to set them apart later on.

Albert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: THE ART OF ROBERT MICHAEL GADEN the Yabbie

Post by vince. » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Gus, I did see that particular Yabby at Jamie Flett`s workshop, on his RMG Collection board. Seeing the similarity with a couple I had from another maker, I asked Jamie if he could remember the year he got it. He did, & that left me in no doubt as to who did what, & when. Jamie had no reason to lie & never had to think of a response, he had been making & collecting lures long before some even thought about it & was there at the time. He also had a brilliant collection of several New England makers, which has since, unfortunately, been dispersed.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:02 pm

I read somewhere here that Jamie, as a young fellow, got dropped off by his parents at Rob's. They stayed in the car and waited while Rob and Jamie do the lure making things. And this continued until he was old enough to get his licence.

He went on to become a great lure maker of the very well recognised Mudeyes and other models as detailed in your thread Vince.

Yes this lure was among others on his board of RMG collection. And yes he was there and that is a fact.

It amazes me that facts can get twisted to suit some other stories, which then get perpetuated and the lies then become the "truth".

It is no wonder that you become a crusader.

Brick walls are hard though lol lol lol
How hard is your head ??? ???

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:38 am

ocd1688 wrote:Brick walls are hard though
How hard is your head
Soft head, hard heart & rude & aggressive lol lol Nothing but a trouble maker apparently. crazysmilie

Gus, as you know not everything that lure makers tell you is correct either. Egos & bad memories are problems there as well. However, possibly a better starting point than believing everything written on lure sites by the likes of you & I & all the other self appointed experts who were not there at the time lol lol It`s always good to talk to someone who was there & has nothing to gain or lose from the truth.
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “RMG Lures”