Kilroys

Other Europe Lures Not Listed
laz
Guru
Guru

Kilroys

Post by laz » Fri May 01, 2009 11:51 am

I carn't remember if these lures came from Finland or Sweden all it says on the bib is system perfekta there spelling not mine. the only thing i rember about them was if you snag them and bust off the lure floats back to the surface and all you need is another set of trebles
Kilroy.jpg
Kilroy.1 jpg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Re: Kilroys

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Laz

Don't have the lure in front of me but pretty sure they are Norwegian - made by the same Silvkroken mob who made the Jensen Insect spinners.

I first bought some because Bushie did a review of them in one of the mags. On my very first cast with one I hooked a 4 1/2 pound rainbow below Wyangala Dam. They do work well - have a tight action but good and bad need a bit more speed than a Rapala to work. They are very undervalued by collectors, especially in the packet.

When I told Bushie how well they worked he didn't even remember doing the review. But it did the job for me on a number of occasions - they were nice trolling companions with Tassie Devil lures that need a bit of pace.

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 1:26 pm

One other thing. If you use them - make sure you put a split ring on the hook (singles work just as well). If the hook eye goes up the back hole, there is almost no action.

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Fri May 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks fellas, I've got one of them and wondered what the hell it was. thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie clapclap clapclap clapclap

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Fri May 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Jigmaster wrote:One other thing. If you use them - make sure you put a split ring on the hook (singles work just as well). If the hook eye goes up the back hole, there is almost no action.
How about using a bead just above the split ring this should protect the lure and the knot at the same time.catch ya

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 8:00 pm

All good thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun May 03, 2009 1:51 am

Interesting design.......though the name sounds Irish ???

We have a patended trolling spoon over here employing the same principle , also one German tackle company came out with a similar design two or three years ago ,.... but on that one two trebles are rigged onto a plastic dowel and the angler can snap off the entire lurebody to switch lures .

The advantage of that system is(stated by the manufacturer) , that the angler only needs one hook harness , but can carry several lurebodies with different action and colors in his pocket without any danger(of piercing his best parts)!

Can't tell , whether it works well , haven't bough some yet ,........have so many lures in my boxes already , don't really need another single parts of them crazysmilie lol !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Sun May 03, 2009 9:31 am

Diemai are you feeling all right mate .you can never have enough lures you better go out and buy some before your sanity returns

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sun May 03, 2009 10:42 am

laz wrote:Diemai are you feeling all right mate .you can never have enough lures you better go out and buy some before your sanity returns
Laz, many will disagree with me shockedsmilie but unfortunately cobba, -yup ya can have too many thumbsupsmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun May 03, 2009 2:39 pm

@ laz

That's what I keep telling my old gal , but she JUST DOES NOT BELIEVE ME crazysmilie lol crazysmilie lol crazysmilie lol !

Guess , that it's only , that I don't like these particular lures ,.......yesterday we were in Hamburg city , I got to sneak to the greatest tacklestore in town and bought one of those new "Rapala's DT" with those "sure set" hooks .

greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “Other Europe Lures Not Listed”