OPM Lures

Other Europe Lures Not Listed
laz
Guru
Guru

OPM Lures

Post by laz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Has any body seen /heard of thses before .The jointed lure has an ajustable bib ( reminds me of the ABU Hi Low ). The other lure is made of timber this also reminds me of the old Killer lures and has an unusal bib don't know how good it will show in the photo
OPM DEEP DIVER.jpg
OPM 2.jpg
OPM SHALLOW DIVER.jpg
OPM BIB.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fizza

Re: OPM Lures

Post by Fizza » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 pm

That bottom one appears to have a Rapala countdown bib laz.

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:24 pm

These lures had a fairly short life. I tested them in Lures-In-Depth and indeed lure 428 is your pike minnow.

Think they were made in Poland from memory. Some didn't work well and they sent me another lot for the tests. Have the original ones somewhere!!!

Don't think they made wooden lures so don't think your bottom lure is an OPM or at least not the ones with which I am familiar.

Cheers
Frank

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:21 am

I have seen lures with such indented and unmarked bib before on fleamarkets over here , but I didn't bother to buy them , since I am only after brand names , and these were unmarked entirely and seemed to be knock-offs of "Rapala Originals" . Lots of minor quality copies around here nowadays .

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Jigmaster wrote:These lures had a fairly short life. I tested them in Lures-In-Depth and indeed lure 428 is your pike minnow.

Think they were made in Poland from memory. Some didn't work well and they sent me another lot for the tests. Have the original ones somewhere!!!

Don't think they made wooden lures so don't think your bottom lure is an OPM or at least not the ones with which I am familiar.

Cheers
Frank they are opm's. I have still got the box's they came in when i brought them from the local tackle shop.
Frank
OPM Box 3.jpg
OPM Box 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Fizza wrote:That bottom one appears to have a Rapala countdown bib laz.
How does the bib work? .Do you put lead inserts in the recess bib or what -hmmthink -hmmthink

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:04 pm

@ laz

A cupped bip helps to track back the sideward swing of a lure to a certain extend , so I guess , that if it had a plane bip , it would wobble a fraction more intense .
But I've read in a luremaking book , that this issue only works to a certain grade , if the cupping is too deep , the lure might not wiggle at all .

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “Other Europe Lures Not Listed”