Bugs in a plug

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Bugs in a plug

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:54 pm

Not to be confused with snakes on a plane lol lol I love Franks jokes crazysmilie
Some unusual lures from the states (where else lol) featuring a small 'bug' trapped inside a clear plastic body, no idea if it makes a difference, but they caught my eye for the 'quirkiness'
's.jpg
Cheers Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

MXB
Master
Master

Re: Bugs in a plug

Post by MXB » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Classic idea thumbsupsmilie

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:59 am

...............reminds me a bit to "Jurassic Park" lol !

I have seen pictures of vintage US lures consisting of a kinda test tube with hooks rigged to it , ....the angler was supposed to put a freshly killed minnow into the tube to render that thing "armed" .

greetz , diemai howdy
Last edited by diemai on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

SkyeWarrior
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by SkyeWarrior » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Good idea there - would it pass comp rules for lure and fly only crazysmilie

I think I saw a japanese minnow recently where the actual lure has a decent sized clear body (for casting), but a relatively small fish in it? Maybe a Norries?
Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean and we are getting out of here!!!

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Dieter said "have seen pictures of vintage US lures consisting of a kinda test tube with hooks rigged to it , ....the angler was supposed to put a freshly killed minnow into the tube to render that thing "armed" .

You mean like these
Live Bait Lures.jpg
I do know the ones you are referring to though, made of glass with a stopper in one end, wire frame around the ends and trebles hang off the frame.. thumbsupsmilie

@ Skye, I should point out the BUGS are in fact plastic, not real insects...

Cheers Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acta non verba

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:25 pm

@ fishaholiclures

Yep , mate , ........just like these , though they look a bit more modern , ...........I wonder , whether they would really work(in terms of having an appeal to the predators) , ..........but if I'd take up the headaches of catching some minnows for cast-and-retrieve-fishing , I'd rather stick these onto a wire harness , ........don't see big advantages in such transparent "minnow casings" other than the minnows would last longer cast for cast , ....but on the other hand might not move as natural and also not emit that certain fish scent as much .

Often happened to me that when lures won't get a respond , dead minnows on a harness(preferable the famous "Drachkovitch harness") still made my day !

Thanks for posting , Brad , bowsmilie .........greetz , Dieter howdy

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Post by Marrakai » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:12 pm

I believe at least some of those clear 'minnow tubes' were intended to contain a live minnow, and were vented to allow flow-through to keep the bait alive indefinitely.
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Marrakai wrote:I believe at least some of those clear 'minnow tubes' were intended to contain a live minnow, and were vented to allow flow-through to keep the bait alive indefinitely.

..............hhmm, .....another option , mate , .....haven't thought about that before !

greetz, diemai howdy

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Tony Marrakai, all the plastic Live Minnow tubes I have do have several holes to allow water flow in...1 to keep the minnow alive, 2 to let the natural scents out thumbsupsmilie

Brad
acta non verba

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:26 pm

fishaholiclures wrote:Tony Marrakai, all the plastic Live Minnow tubes I have do have several holes to allow water flow in...1 to keep the minnow alive, 2 to let the natural scents out thumbsupsmilie

Brad
oopssmilie oopssmilie oopssmilie ........should have looked more closely -duh -duh -imsorry !

greetz , diemai howdy

Return to “Other U.S. Lures Not Listed”