The Weezil 'Sparrow'

MXB
Master
Master

The Weezil 'Sparrow'

Post by MXB » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi all . . .

Been looking for one of these for a while and finally this guy arrived during the week. thumbsupsmilie

I know nothing about them except that they are a vintage lure with a cool name and weird design that was made in the USA

THE WEEZIL SPARROW
php5jH2VnPM.jpg
phpKqneRPPM.jpg
phpLYIxH9PM.jpg
MXB

howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Re: The Weezil 'Sparrow'

Post by diemai » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:16 pm

@ MXB

Always amazed about what people come up with trying to imitate real natural forage , ...............I'm familiar to hooks dressed with feathers , but almost the entire lure body covered with feathers really is something different , ............guess , that one must take good care about thoroughly drying this one after fishing it !

Real nice one , ......also the unusual head plane design thumbsupsmilie !

Thanks for sharing bowsmilie , ......greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:48 pm

@diemai . . .

I reckon this lure is a bird imitation all the way as suggested by name and feathered finish. It is quite clever yet simply made if you excuse the complicated section at the front. I suppose it is made to look like a bird beak?? Very original design and I'm tempted to swim it in the pool to see what it does in the water but a bit concerned about the effects of chlorine. . . . do in freshwater would be better.

Well made tho' and thanks for appreciating thumbsupsmilie

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:55 am

Weezel actually made several different lures....here's a pic of what I have currently wwnk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Nice lure mate looks like a sparrow for sure a cod would like to ruin it for you im sure nahnah

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:20 am

Here's a website by a guy that collects Ohio-made lures...and he has a few of those Weezil's on this page howdy

http://www.ohiolures.net/index.php?page=ohiolures.html

Return to “Other U.S. Lures Not Listed”