Rush Tango lures

MXB
Master
Master

Rush Tango lures

Post by MXB » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:13 am

Hi all . . .

About time we had a thread that is dedicated to the Rush Tango lures which have a much esteemed history dating back the the early 20th century. Made in Syracuse, New York by the U.S Speciality Company and originally selling for 75 cents!!

These are one of my favourite collectable lures yay yay yay

Check them out;
php6GoAD1PM.jpg
phpRx7V6aPM.jpg
phpll5hSSPM.jpg
phpPPkgLxPM.jpg
phpUNe5TxPM.jpg
php28RCfmPM.jpg
phpbUnt3MPM.jpg
MXB

howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Rush Tango lures

Post by diemai » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:40 pm

@ MXB

These are just great ,......... hard to believe that they are already older than an average man's age ,........considered to be the earliest lures in angling history, that float at rest and dive and wiggle on a pull .

Thanks for posting thumbsupsmilie , ....greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:06 pm

@diemai . . .

Thought you might like them!! lol

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Very nice.

Midgets look good too in their simplicuty.

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:34 pm

simon bruce wrote:Very nice.

Midgets look good too in their simplicuty.
An old effective design but hard to replicate!! I love everything about them blahblah blahblah

MXB

howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:25 am

@ MXB

Years ago I have made one or two lures like these "Midgets" as well , ..........fished them sometimes , but don't remember to have caught on them , ...........they had an irregular , kinda "drunk" wiggle , ..........up to now I can never believe , that such action would be attractive on local fish(maybe a BIG mistake -duh ?) .

Otherwise I am quite fond of such vintage lure models , as some of them cast a lot better than "modern" lures , a fact not to be overlooked , since I most likely fish from the bank nowadays , and we often have a good breeze blowing around here(good weather for predator fishing) .

greetz , diemai howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:16 pm

@diemai . . .

I know what you are saying about 'the drunken wiggle' as I made a few floater diving wiggler lures a few years back and did the same thing as you and wrote them off as not working. One however got smashed up by a few different types of fish and it had an irregular diving wiggle that seemed to attract a strike. Found it the other day half bashed in on one side with teeth marks and paint scraped off which made me remember the big flathead that destroyed it over a shallow sandbank one morning.

I suppose it could have been the colour. Metallic green with black combat markings ??? ???

On the casting side of things I have always weighted my floating lures heavily so that I can 'punch them into the wind' and get good distance especially big poppers. I think I might take a Rush Tango repaint out for a test run and see what happens . . . maybe a midget in the white or yellow pattern out of the kayak over sand or weed?!?

Good points Dieter thumbsupsmilie

Roger

howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:07 pm

@ MXB

......hhmmm , got me thinking , .........probably I should turn out a few "Midget" knock-offs after these pictures , that you've kindly posted in here , .....seems that they are 60 to 70 mm in length , I'd make them a tad smaller to also be attractive for perch(redfin) .

But right now I am unable to cause any wood dust in my workshop , as from tomorrow I'd get started painting a bunch of lures , just got done with the masking work this morning .

But there is a long winter's closing time ahead as from 1st of January...........!

greetz , Dieter howdy

Return to “Other U.S. Lures Not Listed”