unusual fleamarket find

diemai
Master
Master

unusual fleamarket find

Post by diemai » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:45 am

Hello , people ,

Got this one amongst a batch of lures on a Hamburg fleamarket today(check "Poe's" section) , ........never came across that brand , though I think(not quite certain , though) , that I have read that name "AttacL" in a "Bass Pro" or "Cabela's" catalog before .

As you can see on the three pictures , the design is quite uncommon with a weight below the bib and especially that groove in its belly , I can only hazard a guess , what the purpose is , ....maybe supposed for some kinda scent inserts , .....but I dunno !

ATTACL_01.JPG
ATTACL_02.JPG
ATTACL_03.JPG

A smaller "GrandMa" was also for sale , .......guess , that the previous owner had souped it up with a bucktail treble , gonna switch it back to an ordinary rig and put the bucktail onto a spinner .
GRAMA_01.JPG
So well , the last one , a "Fat Free Shad"(what a name !) by Bill Dance ,.......have seen these lures in US catalogs before , but never in German ones , .....guess ,that the vendor or previous owner must have brought them in from overseas .
FAFRSH_01.JPG
FAFRSH_02.JPG
greetz , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Re: unusual fleamarket find

Post by Jigmaster » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Diemai

The Attacl brand is associated with Yo-Zuri.

I suspect the belly groove was for a scent or light tube. They are high quality lures and quite collectible.

Grandma lures are quite common American pike and musky lures. The bucktail treble is probably original - they were used as twitch baits and the trailer would fluff out.

Finally the Fat Free shad is a common lure - yours has the G-finish that was popular in the late 80's and early 90's - they work very well.

Cheers
Frank

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:03 pm

@ Jigmaster

Thanks a lot for your info , mate ,..... much appreciated bowsmilie !

greetz , diemai howdy

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Post by Marrakai » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:43 pm

Not meaning to hijack this post, but can I make an observation about Bill Dance?

He is a retired bass pro fisherman who hosted an outdoors TV show in the US, and simply endorses certain products as far as I can tell.
..so not the actual maker of that lure, Diemai. Fat Free Shad is a Bomber lure?

I have a Cordell Rattlin' Spot with his signature on too; and at least one other (pretty sure) but can't remember details. Maybe a Heddon Baby Torpedo...?
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:14 am

@ Marrakai

No hijacking at all , mate .........any info is always welcome thumbsupsmilie , .........guess , that's what we are all here for !

thanks a lot .........greetz , diemai howdy

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Brad is even better on the history stuff and timing of events - but Bill Dance both made lures and endorsed them.

The Bill Dance crawfish (soft rubber with a fitted bib) is one of the best lures made.

Bil Dance endorsed a lot of lures in the Pradco range due to his high profile.

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Jigmaster wrote:Brad is even better on the history stuff and timing of events - but Bill Dance both made lures and endorsed them.

The Bill Dance crawfish (soft rubber with a fitted bib) is one of the best lures made.

Bil Dance endorsed a lot of lures in the Pradco range due to his high profile.
Jigmaster right about Bill's Dance's crawfish caught heaps of yellow belly on this one .Some colour missing off the back of of it now but still nice .
Dances Craw.jpg
Dances Craw 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:37 pm

@ laz

I have once tried to build one crawfish crankbait of wood ,...... but it was a failure , didn't swim at all !

But I always carry some plastics crawfish and crabs in natural colors along , rigged on leadheads and slowly jigged along the bottom they have sometimes proven to be a joker on zander , perch and pike , when nothing else worked .

Hard to find such crankbaits in shops over here !

Thanks for posting this nice bait !
greetz , diemai howdy

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Guys,
Bill Dance does put his signature (licenced) on various lures mainly from Pradco who are one of his numerous sponsors.
Bill is a bit of a guru in the states, and is credited with catching the first Bass in a B.A.S.S tournament way back in June 1967.

He went on to fish 78 B.A.S.S. tournaments and had a stellar career. 23 National Bass Titles; Bassmaster Classic Qualifier 8 out of 9 years and finished 2nd in 1973. Three time B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year – 1970, 1974 & 1977. Finished 64 times in the money. 7 wins, 8 times runner up, 6 third place, 40 top ten finishes and 51 top 20 finishes. In first 11 tournaments, was only out of the top 7 once. Won 7 of the first 17 events entered. Bill retired from tournament fishing in 1980 at the ripe old age of 39.

He concentrated on his TV career with "Bill Dance Outdoors" which has been airing since 1968 with over 2000 shows in its history. Bill also penned several books and also contributes to numerous fishing and outdoor magazines.

Funnily enough his 'Blooper' outakes from his TV show are actually available on DVD/Video which just goes to prove that being a klutz that can catch fish is no hinderance to success.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Post by Marrakai » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:54 pm

Ha! Just went back and watched that clip again, had no idea it was Bill Dance: never made the connection!

Must admit, I thought that clip was a p!ss-take, can't believe they were genuine bloopers!
He's a klutz, alright!!

Lucky he was sponsored, would have cost him a small fortune in buggered gear!! Image
Ain't this a fine "how d'y do"!
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

Return to “Other U.S. Lures Not Listed”