Steve Bailey Lures.

neb
Expert
Expert

Steve Bailey Lures.

Post by neb » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Many moons ago I stole two strange looking wooden lures from my brothers tackle box, they were obviuosly Bass type lures, they were strange looking critters with mylar wings (similar to CC dingbat). I thought he is not a bass fisherman so I should have them. He didn't know who made them and neither did I until a couple of weeks ago. I was away fishing with Lofty at Monduran and one of Lofties mates Geoff Ward, a lure maker from Hunter Valley joined us, now as is the norm I was sifting through his tackle box and I found this chartreuse spotted thing and I commented on it to Wardy and he said a mate made that, you should see his Whale tails with wings. This rung a bell and I described the strange lures that I had and low and behold I now know who made them, his name is Steve Bailey from the Hunter. I now have a few more of Steve's unique lures (I will post pictures tomorrow). These strange looking lures have one of the best actions ever, it appears that every part of the lure is shaking as it swims something like a sparrow trying to swim under water. Has anyone else got any of Steve's lures or for that matter Geoff Wards (His lures are awesome also)..I would like to see them if you have..Nev

Basstad
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: Steve Bailey Lures.

Post by Basstad » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Nev,
I picked up a couple of Steve Bailey Lures recently from one of the local tackle shops. I haven't had a chance to give them a swim yet, two sizes still in the packaging, but they are very interesting to look at with the wings & whale tail. They look like they should move well, I will take a couple of photos and post them up shortly to compare.

Cheers
Sav
BASSTAD

Fishing is ninety percent mental, the other half is physical.

Enthusiasm High, Money Low!

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:25 pm

The blue one on the right matches the description by neb of "a whale tail with wings" as does the name and location of the maker so I think you have put some lures to a god description.

Certainly different look forward to seeing a few more.

Simon

neb
Expert
Expert

Steve Bailey Lures

Post by neb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Dave, They are made by Steve Bailey, and I think he is at Abermain, here are my lures.. The quality of the finish of the your lures are exactly like mine, but you have a couple of different models...Nev
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lofty
tradie
tradie

Post by lofty » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:21 pm

I was on the phone to Steve yesterday and we had a yak for about 3/4hr,Steve has sliced his right thunb down the middle and is off work.his lures are a work of art ,we use to sit around the camp fire of a night along with Wardy and swap lures also bounce ideas off each other.If anybodys interested in Steves lures PM me and I can put you in touch with him .A good bloke easy to talk to Lofty
Image ESOTERIC LURES

Return to “Other Lures Not Listed”