Dave Hodge Lures from Tamworth

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Dave Hodge Lures from Tamworth

Post by YOUNGGUN » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:14 am

Has anyone seen these before they are made by Hodgie the Bare foot fisherman from Tamworth?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Dave Hodge Lures from Tamworth

Post by Mully » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:56 am

know the bloke but never seen his lures thanks for the show awesome stuff bowsmilie

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Welcome to the site mate, from what I've seen of your posts already you have quite a collection, for a youngster.
This man Hodgie came to Darwin a year or two back and conducted a lure casting exhibition at the local boat show.
Very impressive, nothing he couldn't do with regards to lure placement, seemed like a nice fella also.
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey Tony .... I've known Todd's Dad, Brett (China) from Western Districts Fishing club back in the late 70's early 80's in Sydney - seriously Tod knows his stuff, is a top fisho and it's great to see him on the site thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Ah Rob,
You are making me blush I can feel the redness in my cheeks lol Yes Hodgie is a good trick caster and him and I used to do shows together around the Supa Tank that traveled to alot of shows.
Ilove lure /fly fishing so as a kid I remember the first time I picked up a baitcaster was when I was about 8yrs old at Oberon dam chasing trout, It was dad's Abu 1500c on a custom built Dykoh blank and dad was having a kip before fishing the afternoon session and the long drive home he said dont touch my baitcaster. Well everyone knows tell a kid not to and they usually do the opposite, it was rigged with a Baltic Minnow. First cast was a little short and I thought this is easy so I decided to give it a bit more umf on the next cast. OMG a massive backlash so I sat there quietly crapping my self hoping dad wouldn't wake up while I un picked the backlash.

Ever since that day I practiced casting at buckets, coffee cups, dogs, cats and what ever I could Ihave been Australian Accuracy casting champion numerous times purely because I love fishing structure that holds fish, the better caster you are less climbing trees and loosing lures.

I run a business teaching people how to fish and guide as well.

Tight Lines
Todd yay

Return to “Other Lures Not Listed”