Bassman Collectable

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Bassman Collectable

Post by Stephen Booth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:53 pm

OK I know this should be in the spinnerbait section, but, it's a limited edition collectable made by Ron Bassman Sattler just before his passing.

They are made from 24 carat plated components and use titanium wire. Only 50 were sold in memory of Ron. Released in 2002. This is number 13
bassman 1.jpg
Enjoy - one of the few lures that is not a hardbody that I have in my collection.

SB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

two-bob

Re: Bassman Collectable

Post by two-bob » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Very nice. I have lots of spinner baits but they are all to throw at fish. From memory Bassman had Basslodge for a while at Georges Junction on the Mackley River?. One of my favorite Bass rivers from that spot all the way up to the Chandler river.

I also have a Bassman cap. It came with a hook that clips to the peak thats a little bit different. Looking at bit worn now from many trips over the years.

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Yes they did own that until Ron passed and Robyn had to manage it by herself as well as make lures, go to tournaments and sell them and all that.

Robyn was as mad as a hatter and she was great. Alway slooked forward to catching up with her Bassman Bus at the comps from Queensland to Victoria.

Luckily she sold the company to a good bloke in Glen and he has continued the good name oif Bassman as far as fish catching goes.

And this lure is pretty special!

Cheers

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Stephen,
Thats something special.
Ron and Robyn were great characters and good people to boot. Brings back many fond memories of the fledgling BASS circuit that does.

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I remember when I moved to Armidale in 2002 the place was for sale. $250 grand or there abouts. Tried to get the missus to buy it with me but she was not real keen on the 1.15hr drive to Armidale work daily -duh

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Boothy

NOW you're in BIG trouble!!!

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:40 pm

If only there was something you had I wanted Frank???????

But I do know someone who owns one and is seriously thinking about using it - hard to punch your boss in the nose for such thoughts, but...

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Perhaps a trade - and check your work answering machine!!

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:38 am

Frank

Unfortunately on hols so I really don't care about work until Monday (damn it!) and leas of all that damned answering machine.

I am sure it'll be a frantic few days when I get back but I'll try to remember the important people like you Frank, especially now you're even busier at work and you mentioned trade yay yay .

Cheers

SB

Return to “Other Lures Not Listed”