Voblex lures and Mitchell lures

heinzy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Voblex lures and Mitchell lures

Post by heinzy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:39 pm

I used these back in the 1960s --they were French (Ithink) and were like a small Hogback lure with a round rubber (encasing a sinker) head. They came in 3 or 4 sizes (4,6,8 &10 from memory ) and were deadly on redfin and yellowbelly.

The mitchell lures (perhaps garcia) from the same era had two contra rotating blades --one small one on top of a larger one - the blades rotated around a torpedo shaped metal body -they came in gold and silver. Again these came in 3 or 4 sizes and were deadly on redfin yellowbelly and bream.

Havent seen both types for over 20 years and would like to get some again if there is some in an old tackle box somewhere.

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Re: Voblex lures and Mitchell lures

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Welcome mate. howdy howdy

These aren't really Aussie lures but I will comment here.

The Voblex lures are hard to come by. The rubber on the head can perish and they had a small attachment to keep the head on the sinker and they frequently came apart - I see more of the bodies without the heads. They are sought after by a few collectors when they come up.

The Mitchell spinners get a premium price (about $20 - $30 each from memory - help Brad if you can) which is a lot for a metal spinner. They appeal to the baby boomers as they were a favourite trout lure in the early 70's with the Flopy etc. They do sell from time to time.

Best option is to set up a search on that website for those lures available to Australia and an email notification of new listings. That way you can get advice on ones that are listed in France (quite a few) or the States where they aren't as keenly sought.

Hope this helps.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Voblex lures and Mitchell lures

Post by fishaholiclures » Fri May 01, 2009 8:17 pm

sorry Frank,
I don't keep records on OS lures, and I am especially bad on identifying metals from any stable unless it has a brand on it,
THANK YOU MEPPS AND ABU clapclap

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Return to “Other Lures Not Listed”