One off Arafura

Lively Lures
aussiebasser
Rookie
Rookie

One off Arafura

Post by aussiebasser » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:04 pm

This is one that Alan made for himself to fish the Peter Faust Comp in 2003. I can't remember why he gave it to me, but he came through the trees just as I netted a 107 which I caught on a Gold Bleeding Mullet of his. I was fishing on my own that morning and I think he heard me whooping through the trees.
Notice the big barbless Owners and double split rings on the front hook to give them more articulation. With hooks this big it's better to leave the middle one off. The glitter is of the ladies make-up variety.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dale

diemai
Master
Master

Re: One off Arafura

Post by diemai » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:03 am

@ aussiebasser

That surely is a nice one howdy , ...I like it , .........how long is it ?

Looks to me like an Aussie version of the "Invincible" , .......though the rear portion is really a bit different in shape , .......still , ....gotta keep this design it in mind !

thanks for posting bowsmilie , ......greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

aussiebasser
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aussiebasser » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:52 am

It's a 130mm, he also does a 110mm. Great barra lure, but they take a bit of getting used to when you cast. They lay on their back in the air and veer off to the right. Being upside down, it is possible to skip them in under branches though.
Dale

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:56 am

@ aussiebasser

Thanks for further info , mate bowsmilie , ......my reply is a bit late , sorry , ...I've been offline for a few days , .....my old computer was finally down , had to get a new one !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “Lively Lures”