E-BA Worm!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Station49
Guru
Guru

E-BA Worm!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Post by Station49 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:04 pm

Howdy Guys,

Quick post re; some new plastics that rocked up at my door today. I sourced these from Ebay US, but i am told that the MegaBass plastics may be making an appearance in some stores soon, so hopefully these are included in the range.

These are 4" MegaBass E-Ba Worms, in 'green tea' and 'smoke ayu'.

I picked them up with bream in mind, but now i can see plenty of applications for them, as they are a decent size, but could be cut down to be a little shorter, and very tough [stretch out about 4 times in length without noticeable wear and then just go straight back to there original shape!]. Packaging aint bad either ;) Keeps them from bending out of shape if stored for yonks.

Definitely look good in my books, will let you know how they all go.

Cheers
Macca

Chop
Expert
Expert

Re: E-BA Worm!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Post by Chop » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:24 pm

Thats the only thing that pee's me off with megabass, i can understand their injection moulded plastic beauties being dearer than most HB's on the market, but soft plastics at those prices is just silly!
I thought fishermans had em already? Pretty sure ive seen em stocked in adelaide but i heard that they wont get restocked because noone wants too pay that much for them. (except you and HR lol )
Especially when ya get how many in a pack? They look sexy thats for sure.

Chop

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:45 pm

I have a pack they look great but i've never done well with them, don't know why?

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:57 pm

A mate and I went to Fraser Island with these, I used live worms and got out fished.
Tagged and Released

Station49
Guru
Guru

Post by Station49 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:33 pm

Hmmm i havent seen them yet Chop, i havent been into the city for a few weeks [other than for work] though...

I know what ya mean re; prices for SP v HB, but believe me i payed about the same as you would for berkleys in AUS, plus $5 postage. So not too bad in my book.
Macca

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:34 pm

local here has them, $14.95 RRP, there a bio bait of some description ? like NOTHING else on the market, they are a 2 part mold soft cory and an amazing bungy style outer mold, u can almost stretch em out to half a meter ! shockedsmilie

Chop
Expert
Expert

Post by Chop » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Ive always wanted some Hazedon's but cant bring meself to buy em -duh

chop

Station49
Guru
Guru

Post by Station49 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:46 am

Chop - forgot to say before, there a ten pack mate, worked out to roughly $1.50 a plastic....
Macca

Station49
Guru
Guru

Post by Station49 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:16 pm

Took them out today for a field test and they went extremely well.

There tough as, but still very soft so you get a great action working them as either a worm or a flickbait. I only used one plastic all morning [phheww no snags] which stood up to several nasty bream, including this one which tried to stuff as much into its gob as possible ;)

After the mornings fishing the plastic was still in remarkably good shape, with only one slight patch being discoloured due to getting bitten, so back in the pack it went.... ;)

[Hmmm not sure why the pic is so big... should only be 640x480]
Macca

prawno
Expert
Expert

Post by prawno » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:34 pm

THey look the goods to me macca! Have never seen them before, good to see they work as well!

Return to “Megabass”