CCBC 'Lucky Mouse'

MXB
Master
Master

CCBC 'Lucky Mouse'

Post by MXB » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am

Hi all . . .

Here's a nice mouse lure, the Creek Chub 'Lucky Mouse' in grey. Don't know if they came in any other colours but hard to find.

I was 'lucky' to get this little guy yay
phpKo9fLGPM.jpg
phpinrkA4PM.jpg
MXB

howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Re: CCBC 'Lucky Mouse'

Post by diemai » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:52 pm

@ MXB

Nice one , Roger thumbsupsmilie , .......I guess , that you haven't swum it even for only once , too precious to get wet ,.........just wondering about the action that such pointing backward lip does provide ?

I figure out , that it does lift the nose up on retrieve , but does it also cause the tail to wiggle efficiently ?

Need to try out sucha design on a homemadie some day, ..........thanks for posting !

greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:12 pm

@diemai . . .

Yes I agree that we may have to have a go at copying that design to see what happens ??? ???

I suppose the metal plate would make the lure 'skid' and probably induce some kind of wobble too. I'm not too keen on testing it when they cost up to $US100+ for the ones in good condition. I notice a small belly weight and the ears are metal too. It should be an easy shape to replicate and most CCBC wooden lures were shaped from cedar. It uses old style cup hardware so that is only thing I wouldn't try to copy . . . probably just use screw in hardware.

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi all . . .

A couple more to the collection and a box for the previous one located;

In hard to find black;

And in natural 3600;

Frayed tail but not bad condition overall

MXB

howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:31 pm

@ MXB

...................I've got some mouse traps for sale , Roger , .......if you'd need them lol lol ?

..............another great find , ......even two different tail versions(or the cord's strands are just untwisted ?)

I wonder , how those swim with their "skimmin' bib" , ...another lathe project for me in winter lol ?

greetz , Dieter howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:41 am

@diemai . . .

The tail has just unravelled and the original tails unshredded look like a shoelace.

Apparently (if you believe the CCBC explanation in the original catalogues) they glide from side to side and dip/dive into the water. I might have to try one of the used ones to see what they actually do.

They are fairly chunky and really like the look of them - they would cast a long way!!

Dieter . . . I'm the mouse trap lol

MXB

howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:36 pm

MXB wrote:@diemai . . .

Dieter . . . I'm the mouse trap lol
MXB

howdy

..............guess so , Roger lol !

Really need try my hand on this lure's shape some day , eager to see the the swimming action !

An "ABU Hi-Lo" with it's bib set backward to point slightly rearward just skims the surface , it does not wiggle , ....and I don't know about this little "Salmo" , whether it just skims or also wiggles , ...haven't purchased one yet .
salmo_thrill.jpg
But compared to the two previously mentioned lure models the bib of this "Lucky Mouse" ist really set at a pronounced backward angle , .....it's bulbous and buoyant body would do it's share to lift out of the water on retrieve to break out sideward thus getting to wiggle .

Cheerio , Dieter howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:38 am

@diemai . . .

I also reckon they would skip across the water with the correct rod movement, bit of sideways . . . The only way is to put it in the pool and find out!

I'll report back after I've swum the one with the frayed tail lol

MXB

howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 am

@ MXB

.............alright , Roger , .........looking forward to hear about your results thumbsupsmilie !

good night , ....cheerio , Dieter howdy

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:47 am

Unfortunately...if a wood lure has cracks in the paint...putting it into the water will make the wood swell...making the cracks worse -duh smckin cww

Return to “Creek Chub Bait Co.”