Creek Chub 'Pikies' - cool lures

MXB
Master
Master

Re: Creek Chub 'Pikies' - cool lures

Post by MXB » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:46 pm

@Rivermandave . . .

Its always confused me the Creek Chub lures and when they were made. Very interesting that the patent in 1919 was somehow shared with Heddon. Maybe an early bit of collaboration that Heddon paid for and now that you mention it there is some similarity in some of those early scale patterns from both companys.

CCBC were really prolific in the amounts of lures they produced from what I have been told - some seem to be really undervalued such as the common pike scale pattern etc which can be picked up near mint for close to $US10 or less sometimes . . . millions of them out there

The creakspeak website is fantastic and is my reference for colours and model numbers (and how to understand them). This really helps with finding correctly marked boxes for rarer models and accurate identification. Its a good summary and easy to understand

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

rivermandave

Re: Creek Chub 'Pikies' - cool lures

Post by rivermandave » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 am

I went back and re-read the book info...and see that I had missed this crazysmilie lol

Creek Chub started stamping their lips with just the company logo in the 1918-1919 time frame....so it's fairly safe to assume that once the patent was approved (9-7-1920) that they probably added that to the lips quickly.

Return to “Creek Chub Bait Co.”