Sout Bend "Optic"

diemai
Master
Master

Sout Bend "Optic"

Post by diemai » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:26 am

G'day , fellas ,

..........crappy autumn weather the whole day , ...... , no breeze blowing , cold and morning fog won't lift up the whole day , ....real poison for predators striking behaviour , so the missus and me went to visit two fleamarkets this morning .

Found a very interesting lure there , bought it together with some welldone homemade spoons and two German vintage commercial spoons , ...all in all I did not even had to lay a whole one Euro per each lure !

Sadly someone has obviously been on the rampage with brush and paint with that lure , so it won't have any collector's value and I might probably swim it next season , ...I have already rigged new hooks for this .

The lure does not have any rattles , .....not typical at all for this type of vibrating lure , I'd say , .......instead it provides the optical illusion of it's vertical black perchstripes to be kinda "flowing" from rear to front even if one just slightly cants it's flanks ,...similar effect like a hologram picture .

This optical deception is generated by the molded horizontal grooves(or prisms)all along the lures flanks , ......very interesting , .......googled the lures marking "South Bend Optic" and came up with this :

http://www.southbendcollector.com/featu ... _Optic.htm

A pity , that my new lure is in sucha poor condition , .....but I'm still happy with it !
DSCI0006-1.JPG
DSCI0008-1.JPG
greetz , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Re: Sout Bend "Optic"

Post by MXB » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:05 am

Classic find Dieter . . .

Only in production for 4 years so thats why its collectable - if its been defaced might as well swim it to see what it does thumbsupsmilie

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:54 pm

@ MXB

......Thanks , Roger , .....I'm always astonished about finding such older fleamarket lures from abroad over here , dunno whether they've ever been imported on a bigger scale or whether was travellers or visitor bringing them in !

Cheers , Dieter howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:50 am

Probably an American tourist a few decades back bought some over to fish with or they may have been imported at some time but it would have been about 50 years ago!!

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:15 am

MXB wrote:Probably an American tourist a few decades back bought some over to fish with or they may have been imported at some time but it would have been about 50 years ago!!

MXB

howdy

...........sadly we'd never know , Roger lol , .......might have been American troops based over here since 1945 as well ???

greetz , Dieter

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 am

Is the paint on the outside of this? ???

Looking at the pics...it looks like the color is on the inside....MAYBE an EARLY factory job cww

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:15 am

rivermandave wrote:Is the paint on the outside of this? ???

Looking at the pics...it looks like the color is on the inside....MAYBE an EARLY factory job cww

Dave , the red on back and throat and the black of the eye is on the outside , ........crudely furnished , .......I really think , that it was just a fisherman in intention to soup up his lure !

Cheers , Dieter howdy

Return to “South Bend”