Some different South Bend`s

Vince

Some different South Bend`s

Post by Vince » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 am

A few different models.

IMG_2230.JPG
IMG_2231.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bass_n_b.o.b

Re: Some different South Bend`s

Post by bass_n_b.o.b » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:30 am

COOL stuff dig the white one bottom left with the blood line coming out of the eye socket verycool indeed top shelf VINCE....... bowsmilie bowsmilie clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap droolsmilie droolsmilie thumbsupsmilie howdy howdy

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Findingo!!!! droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Sat May 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Love that Yellow MM looking one mate. whats it swim like

Vince

Post by Vince » Sat May 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Laz.

The M&M swims pretty well like an M&M. lol lol

If you can maintain the right speed it has a gentle sway but it is very touchy,usually it drops like a stone & swims a bit like one as well.
I think it is better in the Collection than the tackle box thumbsupsmilie

laz
Guru
Guru

Post by laz » Sat May 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Vince i found your south bend M&M in a book my old cheese bought for me they were called Fin-Dingo and did not originate with the South Bend company it says that the lure was regularly advertised by the Ropher tackle company back in 1950 it came in both floating and sinking models in nine different colours the book goes on to say that it first shows up as a South Bend product in 1953 in the sinking model only and was gone from the catalog by 1955.The book also list the the colours for the Ropher Tackle and the South Bend ones it also says that Ropher never put its name on the lure .hope this may be of news to you mate and just not blah blah blah lol .catch ya

Vince

Post by Vince » Sat May 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Great stuff,thanks Laz clapclap thumbsupsmilie

It really isn`t hard to see why it didn`t hang around too long crazysmilie crazysmilie

Great for the collection though thumbsupsmilie yay

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon May 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Those 'M&M's' are one of THE hottest things in US collecting. The Findingo was originally made by the Ropher Company in 1950, South Bend purchased the rights in 1951. Ropher's were available in floating and sinking versions, and 10 colours, South Bend only made them in sinking and 6 colours. They disappeared from the SB catalogues in 1956.

They are one of the few lures that can be displayed on a flat shelf as they stand on the 2 fins and the tail. Good examples sell for over US50 with the little original clear tube pakaging. Ropher models commad closer to US$100+ depending n condition and colour.

Vince yours is colour YE (Yellow w/Black spots), but a little different as the belly is washed out to white. Hang on to it mate could be an uncatalogued colour clapclap
Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Vince

Post by Vince » Mon May 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Brad,
Thanks for that mate clapclap bowsmilie

He is one of my wifes favourites & does live in a tube.He`s gone from being the Bubble Boy to the far more popular Yellow M&M lol lol

Return to “South Bend”