Latest find.

loomis
Expert
Expert

Latest find.

Post by loomis » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi guys and girls,

Just thought I would pop in and make my first post on this forum. I have been a member for a while now, but havent got around to making a post...been too busy scouring through the threads looking, reading and of course drooling.

I recently picked up 7 un-used, still in original box Arbogast 5/0oz Mud-Bugs. 3 yellow and 4 green. I have been trying to find out when they were made. Inside each of the boxes there is a "Fishing Hints & Pocket Catalog". This has #79 on it. I am hoping this will help find a year (or at least a general time frame).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leigh
aussbasstony wrote: Hey Brolly,
But i do like your Bums mate smckin lol

Baz

Re: Latest find.

Post by Baz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:09 pm

Some pics would be handy Leigh. howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:22 pm

Baz wrote:Some pics would be handy Leigh. howdy
Welcome Leigh . . . I'm assuming you mean 5/8oz and will need to look at the packets to give you an indication of age. Mudbugs are getting a bit scarce in some colour patterns . . . old yellow cardboard box with clear marked plastic sleeve???

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

loomis
Expert
Expert

Post by loomis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:55 am

MXB wrote:
Baz wrote:Some pics would be handy Leigh. howdy
Welcome Leigh . . . I'm assuming you mean 5/8oz and will need to look at the packets to give you an indication of age. Mudbugs are getting a bit scarce in some colour patterns . . . old yellow cardboard box with clear marked plastic sleeve???

MXB

howdy
Spot on...I sent an email to the seller a few days ago, and he finally replied late last night. He says he bought them in July, 1970. When I get a chance I will get some photos up so you guys can have a look, and maybe confirm.

Leigh
aussbasstony wrote: Hey Brolly,
But i do like your Bums mate smckin lol

Return to “Fred Arbogast”