Wisdom of Old Age

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Wisdom of Old Age

Post by oldfish » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:12 pm

Rightoh fellers,

I've had 3 glasses of red wine with my murray cod fillets for tea,so I'm feeling wise, and mellow enough to tell you how wise I am.

The over-riding rule of life is the "Golden Rule"...do unto others as you would have them do unto you..... but there are also some
sub-rules for success in life,2 of which are.........if you can't say something nice about someone then don't say anything.....
and .......what you think about me is none of my business.......

Nobody ever really wins an argument,there are 2 sides to every story and it is almost impossible to change someone's set opinion.

I see no value in any of us aligning to either side of an argument,this should be a "feel-good' site for lure collectors.

Cheers,Jim

Rupe
Master
Master

Re: Wisdom of Old Age

Post by Rupe » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:56 am

you killed a cod jim???
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:14 am

No,mate,I wouldn't,honestly.

Given to me,fresh,by an old mate.I respect his right to do it as it is LEGAL.

Goes with this topic in a way,because even though we seriously disagree,we are still mates.I can see his point that with all the stocking being
done by Vic and NSW if a medium size fish is removed there is room for 2 or 3 small ones to grow.

Cheers,Jim

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:07 am

yeah no worries mate - did ya save me some? i havent seen a cod fillet since the 80's!
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:28 am

Always good advice those sayings. Actually, unless I have missed something I think we have been quite good with each other on here but there is always the potential to downgrade -duh

Now I need to go and see the father inlaw and raid his shed for some old lures. There will be the required banter between us about C&R v's Fillet and release that over the years has become part of our relationship. Different opinions but we both basically enjoy the same thing about fishing thumbsupsmilie

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:58 pm

oldfish wrote:Rightoh fellers,

The over-riding rule of life is the "Golden Rule"...do unto others as you would have them do unto you..... but there are also some
sub-rules for success in life,2 of which are.........if you can't say something nice about someone then don't say anything.....

Nobody ever really wins an argument,there are 2 sides to every story and it is almost impossible to change someone's set opinion.

I see no value in any of us aligning to either side of an argument,this should be a "feel-good' site for lure collectors.

Cheers,Jim
Jim

You are right. I'm guessing that these comments relate to my 'brain snap'. Won't happen again. It'll be just lures, and only lures, from now on.

I've put in an apology to Rob and I hope that he accepts that apology. I also upset Mully, and probably a few other members - a sincere apology to any members that took offence to my comments.

It was a pity that the original post was locked before I was able to place an apology there. I actually thought that my last comments, on that post, reflected this regret.

So to all who I offended, a sincere apology. I am new to this forum stuff and have learnt some important lessons on protocol. Won't happen again.

Time to move on.

Travers smckin

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Very well said Travers.Takes a big man to do what you have.

My post was actually more pointed towards other members, who it would seem to me,tend to jump on the bandwagon and are quick to condemn with
no real input from both sides which might allow them to make an informed decision.Not just your recent post but a couple of other occasions in the last six months or so.I would also like to make it clear that I,personally,am not favouring either side.

Goodonyer mate,

Jim.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:59 pm

@ oldfish

Wise words indeed in your initial post !

Makes me to remember my grandma(passed more than 20 years ago), for once more , she had often spoken out that "Golden Rule"(off course in the German version lol ) ,...... still hearing it today !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

hazmail
Expert
Expert

Post by hazmail » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:24 pm

oldfish wrote:Rightoh fellers,

I've had 3 glasses of red wine with my murray cod fillets for tea,so I'm feeling wise, and mellow enough to tell you how wise I am.

Cheers,Jim
Jim- you make me grin, and I have only had two glasses. Funny how you get like this when you get oldish, shame we could not do it when we were young. More power to you old fella.pete

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:52 am

Pete,

Not sure if it's the age or the red wine.

Funny how we all drink beer when we're young and ready to fight at the drop of a hat.
Must be the excess fluid pressure on the bladder transferring to the brain.

Seriously ,though,I think you should have more than 2 glasses as it's proved every glass adds time to your life.
I'm actually gaining life expectancy due to some serious effort.

Jim

Return to “LURE AND MORE FORUM NEWS”