Identifying Mollers

Eric Moller
eyeconbarra
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Identifying Mollers

Post by eyeconbarra » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi,

Asked this question in another section but no luck. Is there an easy way, or a difficult way to identify a Moller. The photo below is of a lure that was given to me by a freind of my fathers about 30 or so years ago when I spent my scholl breaks at the Haughton River near Townsville . I have never used it in all that time but in the last few years have seen a few bits and pieces about Mollers and suspected that this is most probably one.
Moller (5) (Copy).JPG
Thanks
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fish69blue
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Identifying Mollers

Post by fish69blue » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:48 pm

John from first looks it seems to be a Moller.A closeup of the bib top and bottom is needed as well as the middle eyelet.Regards Barry

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:44 pm

]John from the pictures I have seen it looks like a Moller. Try Google again and type in Moller Lures you will get some great pictures and info on the web.

If Barry reckons it is , I bet he knows more than us thumbsupsmilie

Sorry I can not help any further. But look at this picture below which is from an article at the top of the list when I googled it. Looks the same as yours ..the eyes and paint dost to match. Hope it is but you have providence on your side from where it came from and I reckon sometimes that is more than some opinions .

http://lureandmore.com/viewtopic.php?f=255&t=6574
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eyeconbarra
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by eyeconbarra » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Thanks for the responses, I'll get a couple of photos as suggested by Barry and post those when I get a chance. At one point I painted the bib to discourage corrosion (I know sacrilege, but in my defence I was only young). Anyway I took my time and cleaned it (the bib) up a while ago with the thought in the back of my mind that it could well be my one and only Moller. Carefully wiped and wiped with some paper towel and a mild liquid kitchen cleaner and to my relief it removed the paint from the bib without affecting the metal underneath. Will try and get the photos up in the next day or so.

John

eyeconbarra
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by eyeconbarra » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi ,

Here are a couple of closeups of the bib and eyelet, what exactly are we looking for ?
Lures 023 (Copy).JPG
Lures 013 (Copy).JPG
Lures 027 (Copy).JPG
Thanks
John

fish69blue
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fish69blue » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:20 am

John it does appear to be Original and one of Eric's early ones.Most of the later ones have a small nick in the bib which could be on either side depending on which way Eric put the bib in his piece of waterpipe to bend.As Tony says the history you have is great information in verifying the lure.The eyelets looks to be 16 guage gal which is what Eric used.
A very nice lure to hang on to,well done in preserving it.Regards Barry

eyeconbarra
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by eyeconbarra » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks Barry,
The knowledge you guys have obviously aquired over your time collecting is really helpful to me, thanks for sharing it. As I mentioned elsewhere in this forum I have inadvertantly acquired a few goodies among lots of regulars over time as I have in interest in using lures occasionally rather than collecting. I'd like to be able to share a bit more rather than just ask questions but as they say a small amount of knowledge can be a dangerous thing,I discovered that a while back after selling a few nothing special lures to a second hand delaer -(now realise that pipeline george had another name!!).After our close call with cyclone YASI early this year my wife and I decided to clear away as many "unused possessions" as we can. We found with ourselves and 4 small kids it was difficult/impossible to decide what gets packed to go and what get's left behind. End result is that in future "ALL" fishing related items get left to fend for themselves. I will get around to moving on a lot of this gear that isn't regularly used and I want to be certain before I say here is a X or Y . Thanks again I'll put this one in my Moller tray - plenty of room left in that one !!!!!!!!

John

Return to “Eric Moller”