Nathan
Rookie
Rookie

yamamoto skirts

Post by Nathan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:32 am

I got a couple of packs of these the other day has any body used them before
aparantly you cut them in half and put them at the top of your grubs ect
YAMS-CBP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: yamamoto skirts

Post by Mully » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:07 pm

They can also add bling to damaged skirts on your spinners etc and even hardbody's makes a few hard bodys weedless if setup right ,they are pretty good had a play with theme before.

Nathan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nathan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm

Weedless hard bodys ? -lookitup

explain please

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:25 pm

on some of my HB's i have removed the front treble and used the skirt to semi cover the tail treble the skirt works pretty well avoiding build up of crap sorry weed on ya lures the tubes from Gary are also good when cut in half to do the same thing...trial and error really you may find a better way
oops forgot cut the skirt in the middle makes 2 skirts for HB's

Nathan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nathan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:28 pm

I will have a play and try a couple of diffent set ups

might get some soft plastics glue / super glue and try altering some soft plastics

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Hi Nathan, I have used Yamamoto softies in many types for a few years and found them awesome, the suppleness is miles ahead of many brands, and the SALT!!!!!! try rolling one between your fingers with a little pressure, the c - rystals just ooze out jawdrop (lil tip here, Freshwater fish just LOVE salt, because they aren't swimming in it, they have to make it from their food)

The Jig Skirts are able to be used in many ways, as a hook trailer as described by mully, as a 'pusher' ahead of a standard grub, or (big tip here, just put them on a suitable jighead as they are, and use them to imitate a crayfish. We had brilliant results on Bream and Bass, using a similar body made by Gene Larew, for Bream we use the smaller Spider Grub which has 1 skirt and a curl tail, for the Bass (or BIG Bream) we used the Double Tail Skirted grub which has 1 skirt and a double tail the other end. These variations could be made using your Jig Skirts.

Just a warning, try using the superglue sparingly, it may not work at all. If it doesn't try using a lighter and a knife to melt the peices back together.

Good Luck tinkering thumbsupsmilie

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:18 pm

silicone works well if your patient and allows you to remove a damaged skirt..I agree with you fisha garys lures both soft and hard are underestimated i love both..

Return to “Gary Yamamoto”