First timbers 1991

Hueys`s Lures
Vince

First timbers 1991

Post by Vince » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Got some lures from Carl today yay yay .He sent with them these 2 first of his timber lures from1991 droolsmilie droolsmilie .Fizza `I`m sure & anyone else who has dealt with him will know what a terrific bloke he is & recognise the quality in his lures.He carded & signed them for me as he would probably do for everyone who asked clapclap clapclap bowsmilie .
IMG_1859.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fizza

Re: First timbers 1991

Post by Fizza » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:39 pm

Good score Vince.

Yes mate top bloke, an absolute gentleman.

I've gotta get down there sometime in 2009 and have a fish with Carl.

clapclap clapclap clapclap thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:06 am

Might just come with you yay yay ,might learn a bit about trout thumbsupsmilie

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:17 am

Vince wrote:Might just come with you yay yay ,might learn a bit about trout thumbsupsmilie
More than welcome Vince. thumbsupsmilie

Perhaps we could/should get some practice in 1st, he's a bloody scoundrel farter and he snores thumbsupsmilie WHEN camping so I'm told. lol and farter farter a lot

Let me know when ya wanna go, Taz season permitting and we'll make a month of it. yay

carpcowboy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by carpcowboy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi there
Just thought id ask if these lures can be bought direct from the maker,or are they sold through tackle stores only?
I am flying to launceston at the end of the month and was hoping to vist various tackle stores to to check out some of there local lures.any info on lures or directions to stores would be apprieciated.
Regards tom

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:34 pm

this link is a must then mate http://www.fishtas.com/forum/index.php

carpcowboy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by carpcowboy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Thanks Mully
Will check it out a little later,as im having a little trouble leaving this site.(so much to see/read so little time)
Regards tom

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi Vince,
I bought several lures form Carl off the bay last week, he threw in a couple extra.
In the lot I bought, there was a jointed minnow that looks identical to the Wal-Lure, but its on a Huey's card and is signed by Carl.
Do you know if there is a link between Carl & the guy behind Wal-Lure???

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Vince

Post by Vince » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:29 am

fishaholiclures wrote:Do you know if there is a link between Carl & the guy behind Wal-Lure???
Brad.
I`m not sure on that,Fizza may know more when he gets back.Carl is a terrific fella, as you are probably aware. If you send him an email I`m sure he would give the history of that lure.
carpcowboy wrote:Just thought id ask if these lures can be bought direct from the maker,or are they sold through tackle stores only?
Tom.

I`m sure if you contact Carl prior to your trip he would arrange something,he has always gone out of his way to help me & I haven`t met him yet.He is another genuine top maker on a long list of great makers.

Vince.

carpcowboy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by carpcowboy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:49 am

Thanks Vince
Do you have a contact number for carl? Also do you no where about in tassie he is located?
Regards Tom

Return to “Hueys`s Lures”