Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Re: Nicel's

Post by Stephen Booth » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Humpty Lures are a fantastic cod and golden lure and the Dumpy was the tiniest of the lures. I've actually got about 30 sitting around in my box still being used as they catch fish - unfortunately all the big ones are gone! Never even thought to collect them. Oh well I am sure Frank will get into me about that!

Paul was a great bloke, sold plenty of his lures through Compleat Angler in Melbourne and we even got to visit him one day out in the middle of nowhere in Vic. His local testing ground was a great fishery! Not sure if you were actually allowed to fish it or not.

He did plenty of custom colours for various shops and locals, even did some for us while we were there. I would love to talk to anyone who has a red and black one for swap, remembering I only have the middle and small sizes left.

Cheers

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:05 pm

What surprises my Boothy, is that you actually got out for a fish!! howdy howdy nahnah nahnah

I know for certain that they would be lost on snags - you are a great player of timber fish!! assy assy assy

And maybe you've found guys to fish with that know to keep the tackle box LOCKED - in my experience you were always good at the 'conservation of nature' approach to fishing - lose one, borrow one!!! pokeystix pokeystix pokeystix

PS They are very nice lures!! thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:19 pm

After spending an inordinate amount of time reading through old FWF whilst on holidays (time well spent I may add)
here's what I ended up with for Paul Nicel.

Humpty Lures (Paul Nicel) mm Released
Humpty Small 42 1994
Dumpy 1992
Pimple 30 1996
Humpty Large 70 1994
Ck'n Big 1996
Yabby 50 1996

any help filing in blanks appreciated

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Stephen
Are mine the right colour? (pic earlier in this post)
laurie.

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:33 am

Brad

That's a pretty good list and here I could be way wrong but I thought the Dumpy was the smallest twin hook lure - the Pimple was tiny and for trout with a single hook. I'll have to go and look through my trout stuff (now that's old!) and see if I still have one. One of my best mate's biggest cod is still on a Ck'n Big in that magic blue colour on this post. That fish was only 118cm long and fat! I loved the Humpty Lures and Frank is kinda right that a few still live on snags (or in someone's box when they found them!) up above Mulwala. I was real good at snagging when I used to fish!
Gotta remember to put some away when I buy new lures and not use them!

Cheers

lest_55
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by lest_55 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Has anybody got a pic of a Ck`n Big thanks.
Stephen Booth wrote:Brad

That's a pretty good list and here I could be way wrong but I thought the Dumpy was the smallest twin hook lure - the Pimple was tiny and for trout with a single hook. I'll have to go and look through my trout stuff (now that's old!) and see if I still have one. One of my best mate's biggest cod is still on a Ck'n Big in that magic blue colour on this post. That fish was only 118cm long and fat! I loved the Humpty Lures and Frank is kinda right that a few still live on snags (or in someone's box when they found them!) up above Mulwala. I was real good at snagging when I used to fish!
Gotta remember to put some away when I buy new lures and not use them!

Cheers

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:59 pm

I found a Ckn big in red and black (one of the custom colours I alluded to and I stole from a mate in Mewlbourne) so will photograph and post up here when I am back at work on Wednesday (assuming I remember as some barra at Monduran are calling to me for the next three days!) droolsmilie droolsmilie droolsmilie

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Sorry for the delay - here it finally is. A mint condition Humpty CknBig.
CkBig.jpg
And

CkBig2.jpg
Sorry for the delay again - been actually working hard before holidays.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:08 am

droolsmilie droolsmilie Sweet nice colour also thumbsupsmilie

Return to “Nicel Lures”