Tilsan Lures (pre Halco)

Tilsan Lures
Fizza

Re: Tilsan Lures (pre Halco)

Post by Fizza » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:51 pm

The earliest Tilsan Lures had bare bibs, NO markings, stamped bibs came later.

Faye Zeuschner was an avid trout angler which I'm pretty sure was how the advent of the Tilsan Minnow came about. 1st Tilsan produced.

Faye also took parties Barra fishing approximately 3 or 4 times a year generally for two week stints & hence the birth of the Barra lures to accomodate the growing clientele.

This was roughly just short of 20 years ago.

I'm unsure of the time the Bass lures were 1st made & if in fact they were even an original Tilsan lure although memory suspects they were but ONLY JUST.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Guys, according to my magazines, the Halco takeover was in 2000 sometime.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Baz

Post by Baz » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:19 pm

I always thought the original makers were Til and Sandra Martinello, I think thats their last name, hence the name Tilsan.

viking
In The Tade
In The Tade

Post by viking » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 am

Hi all, intersting topic and one that could become confusing. My historicle references of Tilsan lures is that the company was indeed as Baz' says started by Til' and Sandra Martinello. The early trout lures, to my knoledge told to myself by Till at a Windermere Classic that he fished and sponsered back in about 1990 (Bazza mite be able to confirm the actual year as I think he was running the comp back then) The lures were built because Till was tired of paying the high price for Rapalas back then. The lure worked and were further developed for the market. I'm sure someone has another story but thats mine anyway. lol ........................Alex

Tilsan
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Tilsan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi guys.

I know this is an old post so don't know if anyone is still wondering.
From what I can see in the photo's, the only original Tilsan Bass is in the first picture of the Tilsan Mango, the lure on the left and the second picture the lure on the bottom.

The rest look like Halco lures because of the eyes. My wife Sandra did all the eyes by hand and she was like a machine lol! I can spot her eyes anywhere :)
I always thought the original makers were Till and Sandra Martinello, I think thats their last name, hence the name Tilsan.
Yep that's it, that's how we came up with the name.
Hi all, intersting topic and one that could become confusing. My historicle references of Tilsan lures is that the company was indeed as Baz' says started by Til' and Sandra Martinello. The early trout lures, to my knoledge told to myself by Till at a Windermere Classic that he fished and sponsered back in about 1990 (Bazza mite be able to confirm the actual year as I think he was running the comp back then) The lures were built because Till was tired of paying the high price for Rapalas back then. The lure worked and were further developed for the market.

I'm sure someone has another story but thats mine anyway.
Pretty right :)

Back in the days we started, all lures were expensive and most just broke to bits. We figured we could do better and make something aussies could be proud of. My how times have changed. So many have come and gone, all legends too. Deception, Killalure, McGrath, Knol's, Reidy, too many to mention. They were very fun times in my life, I miss them sometimes.

Have fun, hope this has helped even if a bit late :)

Regards all - Till Martinello.

Tilsan
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Tilsan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Glad I could help, Dave. Cheers!

Return to “Tilsan Lures”