Plop-R

Koolabung
Schultzy
Expert
Expert

Plop-R

Post by Schultzy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:13 am

Sorting out tackle boxes for an upcoming trip. Found this in one of my bass boxes. Another of the soft bodied models.

From memory it was called a "Plop-R"
!Koolabung Plop-R.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Image Image ImageImage

mr x
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: Plop-R

Post by mr x » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm

Interesting lure Schultzy, do you guys reckon the top half of the lure makes any difference with surface lures? The hardware on this one looks very heavy duty.

Schultzy
Expert
Expert

Post by Schultzy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:52 am

mr x wrote:Interesting lure Schultzy, do you guys reckon the top half of the lure makes any difference with surface lures? The hardware on this one looks very heavy duty.

The colour of the top of surface lures may have no bearing on their fish attracting qualities but I like mine to be bright on top. It helps old buggers like me see where they are in the low light of dusk or by moonlight.

When I was still making lures I painted most of my surface lures pure white (contrary to the popular truism that surface lures should be black to give a good silhouette). Being white didn't make them any less effective.
If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Image Image ImageImage

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:45 am

Schultzy wrote:
mr x wrote:Interesting lure Schultzy, do you guys reckon the top half of the lure makes any difference with surface lures? The hardware on this one looks very heavy duty.

The colour of the top of surface lures may have no bearing on their fish attracting qualities but I like mine to be bright on top. It helps old buggers like me see where they are in the low light of dusk or by moonlight.

When I was still making lures I painted most of my surface lures pure white (contrary to the popular truism that surface lures should be black to give a good silhouette). Being white didn't make them any less effective.
Hi guys, agree with everything Neil has said especially the old buggers part lol I am with neil on the white lure thing as well as Ed and myself have had plenty of great sessions on unpainted softies I did have heaps but friends tend to borrow them when were out fishin
100_0142.JPG
cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Koolabung”