Oargee Pro-line Monster

Oar-Gee Lures
aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Oargee Pro-line Monster

Post by aussbasstony » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:28 pm

The Mighty Proline.

Hi All, I stumbled across this lure not long ago and thought it fair to the OarGee collectors to have a chance to see this great lure, because as of a week ago I never knew it existed.

As I said I was not looking for this lure it was one of those days when in the right place at the right time I guess and to me now knowing its history.......... would put it up there with the Holy Grail of OarGee’s maybe I know I have anyway.

I contacted Wayne Lennon before I posted this picture to confirm any history or information he could pass onto me. He was very kind and helpful and maybe a little surprised as to see this Huge lure surface in one piece.

This Lure measures 26cm from tail to end of body without including the Bib. Beside it is one of the smaller Pro-line models for size comparison.

Hope you enjoy the Pictures. Cheers Tony

Below is Wayne’s confirmation on this monster.

G’day Tony
Could you please send me a full photo of the lures.
What I think you have is a very rare large Proline. From memory it is one of only 2 that I made for Rod Harrison probably 15 plus years ago. It was made for him so he could use it to demonstrate knot tying. I know he used them to fish with and is probably the only lure of its size in Australia.
Regards
Wayne

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: Oargee Pro-line Monster

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Absolutely stunning lure .... great find Tony thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

shockedsmilie shockedsmilie shockedsmilie

Albert

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:44 am

G'day Tony....there is another one out there somewhere , but it is RED....in the same place as yours is green. It lived at my place in Harro's assorted box's of show equipment...for about 2 years. I travelled with Harro (Dad)....all over country N.S.W & down to the Victorian border doing fishing shows and demonstration's during the early 90's.

The big lures were used on stage ....with blind cord , to demonstrate knot-tying to the audience. They were a big hit with the punters ...& we had to keep an eye on them , as they often ended up in the hands of an audience member . Harro would joke with who ever had it " I'm sending the big fella down "...then direct me to recover it like some sort of bouncer.

Last time I saw the big RED one was around 93-94. They were very well made & had the thickest clear-coat I have ever seen. So yours definately has a brother out there somewhere.
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:36 am

Rob,

thanks for that info and it fills the gaps in nicely thumbsupsmilie Your right Rob, the Clear coat is fantastic and I would say what has kept it in good condition all these years.........I would love to see the red one if it's still out there which I'm sure it is.

Return to “Oar-Gee Lures”