Rookie
Rookie

a Couple for the Tackle Box

Post by Hutto » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:58 pm

A couple of new ones for the spring fishing campaign
002 [800x600].jpg
001 [800x600].jpg
Can almost hear the Yella's salivating -yup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

loomis
Expert
Expert

Re: a Couple for the Tackle Box

Post by loomis » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:51 am

I like the colour scheme of the purple/red one...that looks SHWEEEET!

Leigh.
aussbasstony wrote: Hey Brolly,
But i do like your Bums mate smckin lol

Hutto
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hutto » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:35 am

Yes it is a custom colour for a local tackle shop. they say it works

It caught me thumbsupsmilie

RDRQ2

Post by RDRQ2 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:44 pm

they don't look like lennons lures, no lead, wrong shape, bib placement/depth ???

Hutto
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hutto » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:02 pm

RDRQ2,

When one purchases a lure carded in an Oargee blisterpak, from a reputable tackle store and it was surrounded by 300 odd other Oargee lures in similar packaging then one would normally accept that they have purchased an Oargee lure. Moreso when the tackle shop was located in the City of Wagga Wagga, the home of Oargee lures, wouldn't one think ??? ???
002 [800x600].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RDRQ2

Post by RDRQ2 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Hutto wrote:RDRQ2,

When one purchases a lure carded in an Oargee blisterpak, from a reputable tackle store and it was surrounded by 300 odd other Oargee lures in similar packaging then one would normally accept that they have purchased an Oargee lure. Moreso when the tackle shop was located in the City of Wagga Wagga, the home of Oargee lures, wouldn't one think ??? ???
002 [800x600].jpg
yes one would think so. i didn't say they weren't lennons lures, maybe theyre new models i haven't seen. are they plastic urethane or wood

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Hutto, are they the latest incarnation of the Oargee shad???
From what I have seen lately it seems Wayne is reintroducing old models that haven't been available for a while, most prominent that stand out to me are the Shads & Rippa (which have shrunk 5mm and now get a 'PRO' status lol)

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Hutto
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hutto » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Your right Brad,

these are sold as the Oargee Shad.
I don't collect Oargees so I can't compare to earlier releases. These were purchased more for the depth they supposedly run. The creamy colour was recommended and I just liked the blue/red combination.
003 [800x600].jpg
The reverse side of packaging indicates the lures are plastic. Maybe the shrinkage has something to do with the plastic molding process.

Wayne advertises his email as wayne@oargeelures.com.au maybe he can explain the rebirth and differing sizes.

I just hope my choices were sound and that they catch me some yella's

Cheers

Ian

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi Ian,
its's only the Rippa that has shrunk, the old Rippa was 50mm long, and the new PRO Rippa is mentioned as 45mm long and with a rattle, so I assume its now injected plastic like all his others, mind you that could also be because they finally got an accurate ruler, the dimensions on a lot of those Riverina lures is fairly arbitrary lol...what 2 or 3mm between cod lol
I have 2 earlier versions of the Shad, 1 is poly foam, the other injected plastic with a rattle and a poly foam Rippa.
Might be worth emailing Wayne, to get the story first hand. ???

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Return to “Oar-Gee Lures”