Interesting Pee Wee

Oar-Gee Lures
Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Interesting Pee Wee

Post by Baz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:44 pm

I had been after some info on an old timber Oar Gee of mine for some time. This particular lure has 'Oar-Gee' and 'Pee Wee' embossed onto the bib. It is the only one I have ever seen. After asking a few people and coming up with blanks I emailed Wayne Lennon and he was kind enough to give me the following info:

G’day Peter

These are round about figures.

We stopped making timber lures 20 years ago

The writing on the bib was done on a mates gold leaf printer, we didn’t do very many of them maybe 100 the machine wasn’t suitable for doing large numbers.

We also stopped writing Oar-Gee on the lures about 1992 it also was a pain in the arse as the production numbers increased.

Hope this helps

Regards

Wayne

I hope others find this info useful. If anyone else has any of these lures I'd be interested in seeing some pics.
018 (2).JPG
019 (2).JPG
021.JPG
023.JPG
027.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Re: Interesting Pee Wee

Post by oldfish » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:24 pm

The bib makes it rare.

The other point is that there is 2 years of wooden lures without Oar-Gee written on them??

Cheers, Jim

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:33 pm

The bib does make it rare Jim, it's the only one I've ever seen. This was a gift from a friend of mine who scored from a bloke who sold some fishing gear that he sourced from garage sales, deceased estates etc . We used to get a lot of good deals on old lures from him, the Pee Wee cost $5.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:05 am

I have seen a lot of Pee Wee's but not one like that Baz. droolsmilie

Great investment for $5 thumbsupsmilie

Albert

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:48 am

In the end it cost me nothing Albert as it was a gift. I actually rescued it from my mates tackle box, he was still throwing it at snags in the Cudgeegong.
I wouldn't mind a few more of them, I'd also like to see one go to auction to see what price they would fetch. As it was a gift it won't be getting sold though, I have been lucky enough to have been gifted many lures by friends over the years and they will stay with me forever.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:29 am

Baz,

It`s good to see a rarity like this little fella. Being so few ever made, not many would have the chance to see one or even be aware of them, thanks mate. clapclap
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:53 pm

No need for thanks Vince, sharing accurate info is all I was doing. Just took a while to get the info I was after.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Baz wrote:In the end it cost me nothing Albert as it was a gift. I actually rescued it from my mates tackle box, he was still throwing it at snags in the Cudgeegong.
I wouldn't mind a few more of them, I'd also like to see one go to auction to see what price they would fetch. As it was a gift it won't be getting sold though, I have been lucky enough to have been gifted many lures by friends over the years and they will stay with me forever.
Hi Baz

That is such a gentle reply to my post with the "$5 investment " bit. That could have been perceived by some as a comment based on one of human being' s failings ie jealousy. There is plenty of that around but not from this little black duck. Not on this occasion anyway. lol

It will be three years this coming October since 9 blokes met up the Murray. There were 4 lure makers then but it seems the number have risen to at least 5 -duh . I have treasured the gifts of lures from you blokes that day till now.

Albert

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:09 pm

I knew there was no jealousy in your reply Albert, you're not that type of person.

3 years since our last trip...we'll have to remedy that and plan another adventure.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Return to “Oar-Gee Lures”