Retrieves

anselmo
Expert
Expert
Location: Dublin, Ireland, was Bris-vegas www.themostabsoluteuselessbuggeraround.com

Re: Retrieves

Post by anselmo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Mully wrote:Nick you going to sell us some on here id be interested in seeing your wares and know a lot of others would also mate thumbsupsmilie
well i sell molds already (see my signature)
and i'm more thjan haoppy to design a custom lure and make a mold for anyone who wants one

in terms of selling the lures ...
maybe, we'll see
making lures is not always cost effective in small runs
but i'll do some if anyone is interested and willing to pay to cover my cost of materials and postage

Nick
Nick
aka "The Irreverent Angler"

Raison d'etre

Redback Tackle Solutions discount for lureandmore members. PM for details
My fishing t-shirts for sale

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:07 pm

@ Mully

To my shame I must admit that I do not use plastics very often(only if certain fishing situations demand them) , ....grew some kind of affinity against them , ....guess this is having fished the "Elbe" river a couple of times years ago and snagged up too often , ....spent more time to retie rather than tossing lures through the water lol .

Due to the tidal currents and bottom located zander one can hardly use different lures other than plastic shads rigged onto leadheads , and the river is full of obstacles and has manmade embankments consisting of about football sized rocks , .......the gaps inbetween these rocks do eat leadhead lures lol !

And I haven't fished dropshot and "Wacky" rigs yet , ...."Texas" and "Carolina" rigs only on a few ocassions , ...........I also don't like having to tie more complicated rigs to the end of the line , .........just a snapswivel to link a multi-strand wire leader and another snap to attach a lure , .....that's what I prefer , .........in desparation I tend to switch lures quite often lol -duh !

greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

anselmo
Expert
Expert
Location: Dublin, Ireland, was Bris-vegas www.themostabsoluteuselessbuggeraround.com

Post by anselmo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:23 pm

diemai wrote:@ Mully

To my shame I must admit that I do not use plastics very often(only if certain fishing situations demand them) , ....grew some kind of affinity against them , ....guess this is having fished the "Elbe" river a couple of times years ago and snagged up too often , ....spent more time to retie rather than tossing lures through the water lol .

Due to the tidal currents and bottom located zander one can hardly use different lures other than plastic shads rigged onto leadheads , and the river is full of obstacles and has manmade embankments consisting of about football sized rocks , .......the gaps inbetween these rocks do eat leadhead lures lol !

And I haven't fished dropshot and "Wacky" rigs yet , ...."Texas" and "Carolina" rigs only on a few ocassions , ...........I also don't like having to tie more complicated rigs to the end of the line , .........just a snapswivel to link a multi-strand wire leader and another snap to attach a lure , .....that's what I prefer , .........in desparation I tend to switch lures quite often lol -duh !

greetz , Dieter howdy
D

Sounds like the perfect spot for a texas rigged SP with a concealed hook point?

nick
Nick
aka "The Irreverent Angler"

Raison d'etre

Redback Tackle Solutions discount for lureandmore members. PM for details
My fishing t-shirts for sale

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:00 pm

@ anselmo

No lure is sure to come back to you in that river(except shallow divers or topwaters, but these hardly catch zander , only asp sometimes) , .......the problem is not only having the hook nailed into obstacles on the river bottom , but also ANY kind of lead sinkers or leadheads falling into the gaps inbetween the rocks of the embankments are definately gone .

Probably a dropshot rig equipped with an elongated sinker or kinda weight chain could do the trick , ....dunno , .....don't like fishing that river too much , ....much prefer stillwater .

http://www.angeltechniken.de/wp-content ... elzl_b.jpg

http://www.angelnpreiswert.de/images/tirolerholz.jpg

First one is homemade with shrinktube or any other plastic tubing(cheaper), second one is available in every tackleshop over here , ........these weights won't bind that fast inbetween rocks , ......but in the strong current of the river you will want them quite heavy .

greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Benno
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Benno » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:01 pm

I use a flick, flick, flick-pause retrieve with smaller minnows to imitate a wounded baitfish. Flathead seem to love it. A popular variation is flick, flick, flick, slow lift, pause. Each flick needs to be tiny, like no where near a rip, as small as you can get it but still with a lot of action. Watching the plastic in the shallows helps, another reason to fish all the way to your feet.

Return to “SOFT PLASTIC FISHING LURES GENERAL DISCUSSIONS”