Never know what you will find at a flea market.

Charged
Rookie
Rookie

Never know what you will find at a flea market.

Post by Charged » Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am

This morning I went to a flea market, and saw a tacklebox up on a table. I opened it up, and to my surprise it was filled with a ratty selection of Pike / Musky lures. I asked how much, and got a response (how-about-5$, don't make me carry it back home), I said sold.

All the lures initially looked to be in poor condition, so for the last two hours the entire lot got dropped in a vinegar/water solution. I just checked on them, and pulled these few out, rinsed them off, then dried them with a paper towel right before the photo. (there are 19 more...... Mostly larger sized vintage Musky spinners needing new hackle that still need additional cleaning and will get a longer soak, as well as a few very large brass Len Thompson spoons).

Not a bad buy for 5$. I also got a number of vintage hooks and weights in the lot, as well as some other junk (trolley lines....etc.)... I would have paid 5$ just for the 4" Canadian Wiggler.
Last edited by Charged on Mon May 27, 2013 11:03 am, edited 6 times in total.

Charged
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Never know what you will find at a flea market.

Post by Charged » Mon May 27, 2013 10:24 am

The real gem in the box might be a AMP branded wire crimp tool, after checking prices, it looks to pull more money individually on e-bay than any of the other tackle.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon May 27, 2013 4:14 pm

awesome find the wonder red eyes are always nice i have a nice collection of them now something always keeps me getting them
anyway super score ya lucky bugga

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue May 28, 2013 6:18 pm

@ Charged

Needless to say that I'm bursting with envy on that find and bargain lol !

I'm frequently visiting fleamarkets through the winters or during the summer heat , when no fish would strike , ...but sucha opportunity only comes once within a few years , ....I know by experience , I've had a few of my own through the years(though not THAT cheap) .

awesome find , ..congratulations , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Charged
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Charged » Wed May 29, 2013 7:27 am

The rest of the lot did not clean up as nice, but with some re-paints, and hackle should be salvageable into some fishers. It's always nice to keep a spare project laying around for a rainy day.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed May 29, 2013 4:09 pm

@ Charged

Quite a bit of work , but surely would pay off , .......I sometimes buy such lots off Ebay for refurbishing , getting pretty cheap lures this way lol !

Greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “LURES VIBES BLADES GENERAL DISCUSSION”